PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailer

swstout
06-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Question? I am looking at a 6 x 12 enclosed trailer. It is a V-nose with back ramp and side door. Capacity is 3,500 pounds. Is $2,699.00 a fair price?

Steve

XtreemGreen
06-26-2009, 04:27 PM
How old
Condition
Single or dual axle
trailer breaks

My buddy bought one dual axle.. Paid almost $5000 for his...

swstout
06-26-2009, 06:52 PM
How old
Condition
Single or dual axle
trailer breaks

My buddy bought one dual axle.. Paid almost $5000 for his...

Condition: brand new
Single axel
Electronic Brakes

Floor: 3/4 inch plywood
Walls 1/2 inch plywood
Length: 12" plus V-nose
Width 6 feet
Heifht 7 feet.

Dual axel comes in 14' x 7' about $2,000.00 more.

Steve

musician/lawnman
06-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Usually in a 12x6 v nose the V is part of that 12' so it really cut's into your space. I prefer the standard box shape as you can fit more in it. V nose is better for mileage as it is more aerodynamic but unless you do a lot of highway at 65+ mph then I would say stay away from the V front trailers. You may eventually need 2 machines on that trailer & the V really cramps the space in alot. Just my opinion.

swstout
06-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Usually in a 12x6 v nose the V is part of that 12' so it really cut's into your space. I prefer the standard box shape as you can fit more in it. V nose is better for mileage as it is more aerodynamic but unless you do a lot of highway at 65+ mph then I would say stay away from the V front trailers. You may eventually need 2 machines on that trailer & the V really cramps the space in alot. Just my opinion.

Every enclosed trailer there is the V-Nose style. I want the enclosed trailer because of fear of theft. With one I don't have to unload every night. I still have 2 other non-enclosed trailers when I need additional cargo space. The V-Nose is not part of the 12'. They are made here in Hartsville.

Steve

picframer
06-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Every enclosed trailer there is the V-Nose style. I want the enclosed trailer because of fear of theft. With one I don't have to unload every night. I still have 2 other non-enclosed trailers when I need additional cargo space. The V-Nose is not part of the 12'. They are made here in Hartsville.

Steve

I would pay that in a heart beat even if I didn't need it, I run 7 X 12's, John Deere has them made in Florida somewhere, price Canadian is $4,499.00, this is a deal as most Cargo's in this size, single axle run $6,000, I have electric brakes and will not pull a trailer that doesn't, in fact they saved me this evening from hitting a fire truck attending an accident, cam off the highway around a sharp turn, was under the limit, here is a friggin firetruck in the middle of the road, lights were not on, somehow I squeezed between him and the police car, tandem and truck brakes locked up, I was really mad, got out, cop said now that was fast thinking, I said why in the H$%$ don't you guys have lights on, someone warning people coming off the friggin highway...reply was it's grad night and we are over run with accidents....this was the fourth I seen this evening.

turfmaster
06-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Question? I am looking at a 6 x 12 enclosed trailer. It is a V-nose with back ramp and side door. Capacity is 3,500 pounds. Is $2,699.00 a fair price?

Steve

That's a pretty good price Steve.

swstout
06-26-2009, 10:57 PM
That's a pretty good price Steve.

They want $1,500.00 down will finance the rest. 90 days same as cash. In about 2 weeks I can come up with the $1,500.00. I think I will go for it. I didn't mention this before. The V-Nose has 4 built in shelves with double plywood doors for storage.

Have to wire my Jeep and Explorers with electronic breaks. No idea what that will cost!

Steve

turfmaster
06-27-2009, 10:40 AM
They want $1,500.00 down will finance the rest. 90 days same as cash. In about 2 weeks I can come up with the $1,500.00. I think I will go for it. I didn't mention this before. The V-Nose has 4 built in shelves with double plywood doors for storage.

Have to wire my Jeep and Explorers with electronic breaks. No idea what that will cost!

Steve

If the trailer already has electric brakes it won't be that expensive.
If not I am guessing it will cost you around $250.00 to $350.00.