PDA

View Full Version : More Questions from AR

armowing
06-25-2009, 08:47 PM
OK, so i found a TON of very, very valuable information here. I mean a contract, a couple of flyers, more info than I can process,but a few questions remain:
1. Do I bill the customer after the month or in advance? What do most do?
2. Do you mow weekly; by-weekly or every 7-10 days? What is standard?
3. I saw a few business cards from the competion and on the back was a
vistaprint add!!! Cheesy or not??
4. I have not software at all. What do i need (i know what steve would say...
LOL). Quickbooks? Gopher? Others??? or make my own with Office?
5. Maintenance intervals? 50hrs? more? less?
I'm sorry, but i could go on and on and......
I took some (100) flyers out two days ago and got 4 calls and 1 customer out of them so far. I'm tickeled!!!

jds2381
06-25-2009, 10:17 PM
OK, so i found a TON of very, very valuable information here. I mean a contract, a couple of flyers, more info than I can process,but a few questions remain:
2. Do you mow weekly; by-weekly or every 7-10 days? What is standard?
3. I saw a few business cards from the competion and on the back was a
vistaprint add!!! Cheesy or not??
4. I have not software at all. What do i need (i know what steve would say...
LOL). Quickbooks? Gopher? Others??? or make my own with Office?
5. Maintenance intervals? 50hrs? more? less?
I'm sorry, but i could go on and on and......
I took some (100) flyers out two days ago and got 4 calls and 1 customer out of them so far. I'm tickeled!!!

1. I kinda feel out the situation. I send an invoice out at the first of every month for the previous months services and they are to pay within 15 days to avoid a late fee and interuption in services. If I don't feel the potential customer is a 'stand up' person then they pay in advance for services.
2. 1 per week is standard imo. I have a couple bi weekly and a storage unit that is every 10 days.
3. Cheesy. You can pay like $2.99 for the 'free' cards and remove the add.
4. gopher
5. idk

*Disclaimer: I am new too. These are only my opinions. ;)

polarisrider4life
06-25-2009, 11:26 PM
i change oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter and grease everything every 100 hours, ALL belts every 200 hours, and every 500 hours i replace ALL fuel lines and change hydro fluid and filters. I use this schedule and it will keep a mower very healthy and extremely reliable. This works good as far as normal everyday maintainance and should delay any huge problems for awhile if you don't mind putting out a few extra bucks when you don't REALLY have to, it just keeps all filters sparkling clean and clears your mind of worries. good luck....you had WAY better luck than me with advertising this year haha! i put out 547 flyers and got one call :) lol Also, i bill on the first of every month for the previous month's services and i have weekly customers and customers for every X number of days.

Steve
06-26-2009, 05:52 AM

I'd say that anytime you can get paid in advance, jump on it. It saves you a lot of problems. You don't have to chase anyone down for late payment and you have cash to cover your costs.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

oh and by the way I just noticed the web domain in the signature line http://www.pleasehelpmylawn.com

THAT IS AWESOME!

jds2381
06-26-2009, 09:23 AM
oh and by the way I just noticed the web domain in the signature line http://www.pleasehelpmylawn.com

THAT IS AWESOME!

Thank you sir. :D