PDA

View Full Version : New Lawn Company From Wichita Falls Tx

kastoney80
06-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Hey everyone, Robert here from Wichita Falls Tx. Im 28 married with three kids. Im a college graduate with a degree in business administration and recently laid off. Im receiving unemployment and cannot find a job around here that is making what I am receiving from unemployment. My wife has a good job that almost covers our bills and we have always wanted to have a business of our own, so I started a lawn service business and I am open to any and all suggestions. This business began a little late in June but I am doing what I can:

I emailed everyone I know to let them know that I have started a yard service business and a copy of my flyer. I have been passing out flyers several mornings per week (while professionally dressed) until it starts to get hot averaging about 30-50 houses per day. I had a vinyl sticker with my business logo, services offered and phone number installed on my back windshield. I recently bought some cheap orange t-shirts and screen printed my logo and services on the back and am now wearing those when i pass out flyers and do the work.

I was use to making about 3k-4k per month from my last job and wonder if thats a possibility with this business and how soon. Also what am i suppose to do during the winter hours as it does not snow here in these parts. I have thought about also offering stripping and waxing floors for businesses and buffing services which would help keep me busy no matter what the season.

Right now I have about 8 customers that are on bi-weekly services. I am open to all suggestions. BTW the name of the business is ALL-Star Services.

Steve
06-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Hi Robert,

Welcome to our forum.

I just responded to your other post that was a duplicate of this one? Check out my response there.