PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson Dies

XtreemGreen
06-25-2009, 06:09 PM
http://www.tmz.com/

LA Times says hes in coma
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/pop-star-michael-jackson-was-rushed-to-a-hospital-this-afternoon-by-los-angeles-fire-department-paramedics**capt-steve-ruda.html

Steve
06-25-2009, 06:24 PM
WOW! That's really sad. He was an amazing entertainer.

CHEESE2009
06-25-2009, 09:27 PM
yeah i heard it on the news, it sucks.

the world feels small when someone big dies.

once Schwarzenegger goes, I'll live in a bubble!

They announced his death on the radio when I picked up money from a customer. My customer ended up paying me too much, then he said, "keep it!"

$20.00 tip :D

andyjoneslawncare
06-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Yep, really sad. We all made fun of the guy and he was definately strange to most people, and most of this was a result of his over-the-top fame combined with the fact that he didn't go into public much or do interviews, late night talk shows, etc. I grew up with MJ, and Thriller was my first record (4th and 5th grade). I always thought he was really misunderstood but a good, caring person at heart. Pop really isn't my thing, but watching him dance was like watching something unhuman. He was just so amazing and talented. I don't think anyone can really relate to a life like that, and it would be hard going through his legal issues in public like that, and being made fun of on every comedy or late night talk show. Today the world lost its greatest performer and pop icon of all time if you ask me.

kdexpd
06-26-2009, 01:16 AM
Couldn't have said it better man!
He was definately a little out there, however he was a good person at heart and that's what separated him from all the others.

XtreemGreen
06-26-2009, 12:56 PM
My dad (RIP) loved his music back in the 80's.. When I would come down to visit him on holidays, we would get the mic's and sing and try to dance along with his music..

I read somewhere once that he had more fans world wide than any other musician around.. I believe it to..

RIP MJ...

SuperiorPower
06-26-2009, 01:15 PM
I know this will probably get me shunned here since we have a bunch of Jerkson fans here, but I gotta say it. I will NOT miss him. I have NO respect for him. I cared nothing for his music but that has nothing to do with my opinion of him. He apparently was a hypnotic entertainer and was loved for his entertaining abilities. Though I did not care for his music or entertaining style, this does not affect my opinion of him.

I believe he was a low life child molesting, pedofile, pervert idiot with a lot of money. And just because he was not convicted of it, means nothing. Just like OJ, he had enough money to get out of his criminal charges. Remember; if it walks like a pig, looks like a pig, smells like a pig, and sounds like a pig, it probably is a pig. Michael Jackson was a pervert. In every sense of the word. Period.

Remember the Bible says in Luke 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Like I said, this will probably get me shunned here, but I call things like I see them.

Thats my opinion,
Eli

andyjoneslawncare
06-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Well, first of all, yes I was a MJ fan in 5th grade, but I'm 36 and the farthest thing from a fan now, but even though his music isn't my cup of tea, I can still see his great talent and ability, and I'm not sure how it can be denied. Second, no, you won't be shunned for your opinion. I usually don't have many great things to say about him but when someone dies, I usually try to recognize the good things about that person, as I try to do when they're alive. MJ was a product of our society, born to be put on display with never a moment to himself, and nowhere on the entire globe he could go and be left alone. He was miserable and obviously hated his life, which would explain all the surgery trying to change himself, yet he never lashed out dropping f bombs at the media or anyone else. I know I wouldn't have that kind of control. And when you consider all of the untrue things said about him, its not crazy to think that some kid's mom would want to get money from him by accusing him of hurting children. There are lots of sick people out there. I'm not defending MJ, because I don't know if he's guilty or not, but since you're quoting the bible, here's Mathew 7:1-2 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." In other words, start with "the man in the mirror". Haha, good one huh? I have kids, and if anyone ever did anything to them, I'd be in jail for a very brutal murder, but he was found not guilty and who knows? What if he was innocent and his entire life was ruined because he really cared about kids. I'm just saying its possible, and if he's innocent, what the world did to him is one of the greatest injustices of all time. Just don't confuse saying a few nice words when someone dies with being fans and loving the guy.

turfmaster
06-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Well, first of all, yes I was a MJ fan in 5th grade, but I'm 36 and the farthest thing from a fan now, but even though his music isn't my cup of tea, I can still see his great talent and ability, and I'm not sure how it can be denied. Second, no, you won't be shunned for your opinion. I usually don't have many great things to say about him but when someone dies, I usually try to recognize the good things about that person, as I try to do when they're alive. MJ was a product of our society, born to be put on display with never a moment to himself, and nowhere on the entire globe he could go and be left alone. He was miserable and obviously hated his life, which would explain all the surgery trying to change himself, yet he never lashed out dropping f bombs at the media or anyone else. I know I wouldn't have that kind of control. And when you consider all of the untrue things said about him, its not crazy to think that some kid's mom would want to get money from him by accusing him of hurting children. There are lots of sick people out there. I'm not defending MJ, because I don't know if he's guilty or not, but since you're quoting the bible, here's Mathew 7:1-2 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." In other words, start with "the man in the mirror". Haha, good one huh? I have kids, and if anyone ever did anything to them, I'd be in jail for a very brutal murder, but he was found not guilty and who knows? What if he was innocent and his entire life was ruined because he really cared about kids. I'm just saying its possible, and if he's innocent, what the world did to him is one of the greatest injustices of all time. Just don't confuse saying a few nice words when someone dies with being fans and loving the guy.

Excellent post!

kdexpd
06-27-2009, 11:17 AM
I agree. Very Well Said.

redcloud35
06-27-2009, 06:03 PM
I know this will probably get me shunned here since we have a bunch of Jerkson fans here, but I gotta say it. I will NOT miss him. I have NO respect for him. I cared nothing for his music but that has nothing to do with my opinion of him. He apparently was a hypnotic entertainer and was loved for his entertaining abilities. Though I did not care for his music or entertaining style, this does not affect my opinion of him.

I believe he was a low life child molesting, pedofile, pervert idiot with a lot of money. And just because he was not convicted of it, means nothing. Just like OJ, he had enough money to get out of his criminal charges. Remember; if it walks like a pig, looks like a pig, smells like a pig, and sounds like a pig, it probably is a pig. Michael Jackson was a pervert. In every sense of the word. Period.

Remember the Bible says in Luke 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Like I said, this will probably get me shunned here, but I call things like I see them.

Thats my opinion,
Eli

Good Post, +1:)

SuperiorPower
06-27-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm not defending MJ, because I don't know if he's guilty or not, but since you're quoting the bible, here's Mathew 7:1-2 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Let me say a few things. First, this was not directed at you or any other specific person on this forum.

With that in mind, let say this about your last post, specifically the part you quoted.

1, I was not judging MJ

2, This scripture is possibly the most misquoted and misunderstood of all. This happens to have been directed to those who were doing the same thing that they accused others of doing. Thus, the "Matthew 7:2-5 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." They were hypocrites because they were doing the same thing as the ones they were judging. Romans 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. With that in mind, no I was not judging him and I was not disobeying the Bible.

3, Matthew 7:16-20 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. This is not "judging" them as you put it, but rather "observing fruit".

andyjoneslawncare
06-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Don't "king james" me to death man! I don't have that kind of an edjikashin. The part I was relating to, and I should've made it clear, was the " and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." I wouldn't want to be judged by the measure of what the media says, and if thats the standard of guilt or innocents, we're in trouble. Nobody knows his heart but God, and he's doing the judging. Please don't put me in the position of defending him, because he could be totally guilty, I have no idea. The guy just died and I was saying something good about him. Its a trait I got from my grandfather, always trying to find good in people. It takes a concious effort, and something I always work on. Also,I'm not going to get into a bible verse war with you. As you know, you can pretty much find a verse to back up anything, but saying something nice about someone is usually the better, more honorable way to go. I really don't care what you think of him, and if I was sure he was a child molester I'd be right with you, but like my mom always says, "If you don't have anything nice to say,..." well, you know the rest, especially when that person just died. I'm done with this argument, I just don't care that much. If you reply with more verses, do me a favor and "dumb it down" to the NIV version ok? As for the part where you said you weren't judging him, let me refresh your memory. "And just because he was not convicted of it, means nothing. Just like OJ, he had enough money to get out of his criminal charges. Remember; if it walks like a pig, looks like a pig, smells like a pig, and sounds like a pig, it probably is a pig. Michael Jackson was a pervert. In every sense of the word. Period" I wasn't going to bring that up because now I know you won't be able to resist replying, so have the last word, and I have no hard feelings and respect your opinion, and I've told my share of MJ jokes, but I can't help feeling bad for him and its a shame when anyone's life ends early.

Steve W
06-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Ok, I agree with Elli, But I did play his music when I was YOUNGER.
So with that said, HE IS DEAD! Let him die pep.
Was hw paid for his work? Yes!

kdexpd
06-28-2009, 01:48 AM
OK, one last post on this thread and then I'm ducking out. I was thinking about this thread all day and here's my final thought. First of all he was ACCUSED, not CONVICTED. There's a HUGE difference. Anyone can accuse anyone of anything. Lord knows I've been accused of a lot of things, however when it came to someone proving it, they stuttered on thier lies. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm definately not an angel, and I have done many things I've regretted. That's how we as humans learn. Here's my final thought: We were speaking of the Bible and I remembered a part I read that I think makes a good point. In this passage, Jesus had sat down next to a well that a lady was drawing water from. Later in the passage men come from town and tell Jesus that she's an adulterer. They try to convince Jesus to join them in stoning her for her sins. Jesus replies that he who is without sin may cast the first stone. Now I'm not a preacher, nor a saint. However I do believe in my religion and I try to be the best I can be. None of us are without sin. NONE. So none of us should be casting stones at another who is not without sin. Okay, enough of my rant and enough of my Bible verses, as this isn't a Religion Forum. Just my opinions and not aimed at anyone.

SuperiorPower
06-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Don't "king james" me to death man! I don't have that kind of an edjikashin. The part I was relating to, and I should've made it clear, was the " and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." I wouldn't want to be judged by the measure of what the media says, and if thats the standard of guilt or innocents, we're in trouble. Nobody knows his heart but God, and he's doing the judging. Please don't put me in the position of defending him, because he could be totally guilty, I have no idea. The guy just died and I was saying something good about him. Its a trait I got from my grandfather, always trying to find good in people. It takes a concious effort, and something I always work on. Also,I'm not going to get into a bible verse war with you. As you know, you can pretty much find a verse to back up anything, but saying something nice about someone is usually the better, more honorable way to go. I really don't care what you think of him, and if I was sure he was a child molester I'd be right with you, but like my mom always says, "If you don't have anything nice to say,..." well, you know the rest, especially when that person just died. I'm done with this argument, I just don't care that much. If you reply with more verses, do me a favor and "dumb it down" to the NIV version ok? As for the part where you said you weren't judging him, let me refresh your memory. "And just because he was not convicted of it, means nothing. Just like OJ, he had enough money to get out of his criminal charges. Remember; if it walks like a pig, looks like a pig, smells like a pig, and sounds like a pig, it probably is a pig. Michael Jackson was a pervert. In every sense of the word. Period" I wasn't going to bring that up because now I know you won't be able to resist replying, so have the last word, and I have no hard feelings and respect your opinion, and I've told my share of MJ jokes, but I can't help feeling bad for him and its a shame when anyone's life ends early.

Hmmm, interesting post. Here is the problem I have with what you just said. I understood the first time what part that you were getting at, but like you accused me of doing, you gotta look at the entire thing. That is why I said look at the next 3 verse and understand the context. The context is the people Jesus was speaking to were guilty of the same thing that they were accusing others of. Thus the reason he called them hypocrites and told them to pull the beam out of their own eye before they try to pull the mote from their neighbor's eye. The bible never says anything about me being judged by the measure that you or the media measure like you indicated: I wouldn't want to be judged by the measure of what the media says. Neither the Bible, or anyone else, mentioned anything about judging you by anyone else's measure.

Sorry if I offend you with this, but I refuse to use anything but the KJV, though that was no part of what I was trying to say. That was just part of me copying and pasting the scripture. I have good reason to stand on the KJV but that is a whole other conversation.

And no, I am not judging him, I am merely making observations. Like I said, if I see a pig running down the road, what am I suppose to say? That is a creature? Because from your allegation, if I call it a pig, an animal, or anything else, then I am judging it. I am merely making an observation as to something's appearance.

It is not a normal thing for grown men to sleep in bed with other people's children. Especially not in a place where there are no doubt plenty of beds to sleep in.

No offense to you but the whole thing with not saying anything about someone unless it is good, remember, there is a difference between talking over someone vs. talking about someone. And our society has caused us to believe that you can't tell the truth about someone if it does not sound favorable for them.... And besides, what are you doing to me when you said to me
Don't "king james" me to death man! I don't have that kind of an edjikashin. for the record, what does "edjikashin" mean? The scriptures I was quoting were English, not "edjikashin".

And what were you doing to me when you accused me of judging?

For the record, I do not hate him and am sad that anyone, including him, has to die that way. In the same time, I despise his behavior. That is where the problem is. Not with MJ himself. I feel sorry that he had what I deem to be low self esteem which is why he was constantly having plastic surgery done. I wish our society could stop harassing people like him and pretty much all so called "celebrities" since I suppose that a lot of their problems are further instigated by media hype. Granted despite all of this, the individual is still responsible for their own behavior. And the media will be accountable for their behavior.

Let me reiterate that my problem him was with his behavior. And I am merely making statements regarding my observations. For those who don't know, in my full time job I investigate accusations and I happen to know many of the telltale signs of heinous crimes, including child molestation.

andyjoneslawncare
06-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Holy cow! This wasn't supposed to happen! I was just saying something nice about someone who died, thats it. Child molestation is bad, we agree. I don't listen to MJ and don't care for his music, we agree. We just disagree on one thing. You "won't miss him" because in your judgement (except you're not judging) he's a child molestor because he walks like a duck (or was it a pig?), but hypothetically if you were judging him, you'd judge him to be a "low life child molesting, pedofile, pervert idiot". You're just "making an observation". As for the king james thing, I just can't follow it well because I'm not smart with literature. Although I've taken a few college lit courses, I still can't get Shakespeare hence the lack of education (edjukashin). Bad joke ok? But just because it wasn't funny, it sure wasn't supposed to be mean. I think part of the problem with typing is that you can't see me laughing while I'm doing it so it never really comes across properly that I'm joking, or how little I care, I'm not offended, and half the time I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing. I understand what you are saying, and you don't have to pull out scripture to back it up, because then you just go in circles and we could play scripture ping pong for weeks. If I saw a pedophile crossing the street, I wouldn't say "that is a creature". I hope you know I'm just messin' with ya man. Please don't take me seriously, I know from other threads that you know your stuff and I don't want to get in some stupid squabble over MJ. I'd buy you a beer but shipping costs would be too high and it'd be hot when you got it. So I heard he was renting his place for $100k/ month. What do you think he paid for lawn service? If you were mowing it, would you use a Grasshopper, Toro or Cub Cadet? (swiftly changing the subject) Oh, one quick thing, and I'm not joking anymore, but biblegateway.com is a good bible site. You can pick translation, look up keywords and do searches. I use it all the time. I'm assuming you use the kjv because its more accurate, being translated less times, but this site shows you a lot of different versions and explains parts that were added or differences (like the last sentence of the Lord's Prayer was supposedly added later, kingdom, power, glory forever...). Anyway, its a good tool so I thought I'd share.

SuperiorPower
06-29-2009, 03:00 AM
as far as laying bible ping pong, sorry, i have to disagree. The reason is, I do my best to make sure I quote in context.

You mentioned biblegateway. I have a program called sword searcher on my computer and absolutely love it. I am not a big fan of using commentaries but there are a lot of them with the program. there is a similar on you can download for free. Its called esword (I think).

For $100,000 per month the landscaping better be included for the price! Apparently this may have something to do with him being $400 mil in debt at the time of his death..... This is a shame but so be it. this oughta teach the creditors.... BTW, was he not living at neverland anymore?

like is aid before, i think the media ought to let these people alone. then they would maybe stop their stupid antics. Look at Britney Spears... Leave the girl alone and let her be the child she never could be because of her "career"....

andyjoneslawncare
06-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Ah, man! Not Billy Mays!! You better not have a problem with him too! That Oxyclean really worked and I loved how he was always yelling! You can say whatever you want about the Sham-Wow guy but don't mess with Billy Mays! So Ed McMahon, Farah, Michael, and Billy Mays in 1 week? I wonder if Discovery is going to keep running the "Pitchmen" show?

kdexpd
06-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Ya that sucks about Billy. Man I was just kinda starting to get into that show Pitch Men too. That figures! Next thing you know one of the guys from Amercian Loggers or Swamp Loggers is gonna kick the bucket and they'll cancel them too! HAHA! I got a kick out of the last Pitch Men episode I watched. The one about the gator wiper blades. Billy was gonna shoot crickets out of a bug cannon at the car and his nutball son took off with the crickets in an attempt to "save thier lives". I always thought Billy was just annoying, but after watching the show, I kinda liked him. Now that idiot ShamWow guy, as far as him, I can't even stand to mute the tv and still look at him.

andyjoneslawncare
06-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Whats really stupid is when the Sham Wow guy says "Now, if you call in the next 20 minutes, because we can't do this all day, we're gonna double your order!" The commercial is on every 5 minutes for 3 months straight! What do you mean you can't do this all day?
Check this out. Billy's from here in Tampa, and did this on a morning radio show (the MJ show, he also does the "schnitt show" on am in afternoons). You'll love it! Totally spontaneous. Please watch this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtYdDK1uTDI

Steve
06-30-2009, 04:11 AM
That was a great video. Can you imagine doing that all the time. "Hi Billy Mays Here." That is awesome!