PDA

View Full Version : My typical day...

doug1980
06-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Well as you may know this is my first year doing this. I have aquired 10 yards so far. All are on the Base where I live and work at my full time job. I work from 8-5 m-f and do lawns in the evening. So my day starts with going to work with my equipment in the truck. After work I mow 2 yards each day and since they are on my way home travel is not an issue. Each yard is $40.00 so that is $400.00/week gross. After expenses, which isn't much at all, I make about $1,200.00/month. Best part time job I ever had. I figure if I could get 10 more yards I could buy all the equipment I will need for next year. But with only 3 more months left in the season I doubt it.

Steve
06-23-2009, 07:34 PM
That is fantastic! You are doing great!

As you go with your business are you envisioning more bigger and greater plans?

doug1980
06-23-2009, 09:32 PM
That is fantastic! You are doing great!

As you go with your business are you envisioning more bigger and greater plans?

Always...:D I want to keep it small until 2011 since I will be leaving AK then. Not sure where we are headed after here so I can't plan too much ahead. It could be FL or TX or might be St. Louis. My main goal for now is to make some money and slowly upgrade equipment. Get a trailer 36" WB, 48" ZTR and go from there. I would like to get 50-60 clients and go full time with this then add in pesticides (it's what I know) then maybe have 1 mowing crew and I will do the fert and stuff. My wife wants a nursery so that is in our 10 year plan as well. But then again, it could all be dreams too. Only time will tell.

Steve
06-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Well if you don't have a plan you can't get there. The fact that you do have a plan is great! It gives you a goal to shoot for. Step by step you are achieving it.

jds2381
06-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Always...:D I want to keep it small until 2011 since I will be leaving AK then. Not sure where we are headed after here so I can't plan too much ahead. It could be FL or TX or might be St. Louis. My main goal for now is to make some money and slowly upgrade equipment. Get a trailer 36" WB, 48" ZTR and go from there. I would like to get 50-60 clients and go full time with this then add in pesticides (it's what I know) then maybe have 1 mowing crew and I will do the fert and stuff. My wife wants a nursery so that is in our 10 year plan as well. But then again, it could all be dreams too. Only time will tell.

We also plan on making the move sometime in 2011. Florida is at the top of our list. We should hook up somewhere in FL and start a partnership. ;)