PDA

View Full Version : This is weird...

CHEESE2009
06-22-2009, 02:12 AM
I got a call yesterday to give an estimate for lawn maintenance. I went today & checked out the lawn & to my surprise there is hardly any grass.

While I was previously an employee at another lawn service company, I noticed that I was "mowing" lawns with no grass also... It just feels weird. Something we'd joke about.

Anyway, not only was there no grass, the lawn was tiny. My full season estimate was $200.00 It was a joke...

So I thought I'd charge $250.00 for the rest of the 4 1/2 months. So I did that instead of making my estimate worthless.

I wrote my estimate on the back of my card and slid it into the mailbox (i didn't want to interrupt the customer on fathers day, so I figured I'd call later) ... I drove around a circle & headed back up the street & he came out of his house & stopped my truck & said, "I love the price, when can you start?"

So now I know next year to charge him $300.00, not bad...

Just, I feel weird wondering if he notices his lawn his pretty much bare... It'll be like mowing a sandbox... Oh well.... 1 more for the Breeeeze!:D

Steve
06-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Could you possibly offer some kind of seeding upsell or something else to improve the lawn?