PDA

View Full Version : Part Timer

santana
06-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi guys, thanks for all the great tools and info!! I am currently in the process of starting a small mowing business. I work full time so i am only looking for 3 to 6 customers. I have 2 acres of my own to mow and own a 52" ZMaster. Primarily I just want to help pay for my equipment and involve my 2 boys (7 & 12) so that they may learn to work for the things they want.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

Steve
06-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Santana,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things are you doing to promote your new lawn care business?

santana
06-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi Steve, I used your software to create a flyer, they are getting printed now along with some business cards. As I said before I only want about 6 accounts max, preferably in my neighborhood so I'll start there. Attached is my flyer and logo let me know what you think.

Steve
06-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Outstanding!

How many will you be handing out? What's your plan on how you will do it?

santana
06-23-2009, 07:57 AM
I plan to just walk the neighborhood handing them out. I'll do it this weekend so there is a good chance people will be home and I can meet / talk to them. I also plan to have my boys help, they are 7 & 12 (is that a good idea). I have a question in the maintenance section about lawn treatments, if you get a minute take a look and see if you have any suggestions.
Thanks, John

Steve
06-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Yea I think that is fantastic. Get everyone involved in helping market the business. Are you involved in any local community organizations that you can help spread the word through as well?

Are you handing out business cards to family and friends and asking them to hand the cards to people they know? That would be very helpful too.