PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Track

picframer
06-21-2009, 07:34 AM
Something came to me this morning that I have not shared, Google Docs.

I have used Google docs for years, it is a secure way to share information with whom ever you want, we use it to list projects, progress, staff on project, hours work, future projects, location etc.

I create the template in Excel then upload and keep it up to date, everyone I grant access to can have view or edit rights.

It's the best tool I have come across to keep you organized, anyhow have a look and consider it, I allow staff supervisors to read about a project coming and take it by highlighting it with their color, all your staff need is any email account, only you the owner can allow access.

picframer
06-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Another major benefit is if I do a quote and it's accepted, I carry my laptop in the truck, I putthe project in on the spot and everyone whom I have allowed access can see it.

A major benefit to our company is if a crew finishes a project early then can access the internet or call me and I can assign another project, usually something close to them ensuring they have the right equipment.

mark123
06-21-2009, 08:22 AM
I use Microsoft Office Groove for similar purposes.

Little's
06-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Something I use every day is Google Calendar. It is easy to use and has many features. You can assign something or everything to be texted to phone from 5 minutes to 2 days before the event. So you dont forget.

Or if you lose your whole schedule, you can send a simple text to gvent (48368) and your entire schedule will be texted right back. Does a lot of other cool things too.

picframer
06-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Something I use every day is Google Calendar. It is easy to use and has many features. You can assign something or everything to be texted to phone from 5 minutes to 2 days before the event. So you dont forget.

Or if you lose your whole schedule, you can send a simple text to gvent (48368) and your entire schedule will be texted right back. Does a lot of other cool things too.

Now that is interesting and I like it, I use Outlook at the moment which sync's to my Blackberry and sends me emails, however I like this better, it calls for heavy rain for the next 5 days, not including today, omg I needed this break and can set some things up to take headaches away.

Using Goggle Docs I added employee hours today and gave everyone read access, this way, come pay day, no one can question the hours as it will be input by Holly at the end of each day based on the team leader notes, this is a headache gone.