PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist spam?

jasonw
06-20-2009, 11:24 PM
I cant be the only one. I get about 10 spam messages a day from craigs list. They all say something to the effect of "Is the recession hurting you? I can help." This is very annoying. I know its free advertising but I have not gotten one bite from CL yet, just spam.

CHEESE2009
06-20-2009, 11:38 PM
I cant be the only one. I get about 10 spam messages a day from craigs list. They all say something to the effect of "Is the recession hurting you? I can help." This is very annoying. I know its free advertising but I have not gotten one bite from CL yet, just spam.

LOL ya I hate it!

Though I did have a guy call me today saying,

"I needed a service so I asked my friend & he said to go with Breeze, then to see my other options I checked craigslists, & Breeze was there again!"

i guess it has its benefits

Steve
06-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Is it ever helpful to use a hotmail email account in your craigslist ad to cut back on spam to your main email address?

jasonw
06-21-2009, 12:11 AM
I just delete it so far. I don't dare reply to them. I want to just to tell them where to go but then they have my email address so I just bend over and hit delete. Spam must be a profitable venture as there is so much of it.