PDA

View Full Version : Check out Chuck's Band - Jack Somebody

majoe7
06-20-2009, 11:33 AM
I am going to re-post a thread here so a lot of you can see the other side of Chuck. (Musician/Lawnman) Great Stuff.
Chuck,
I went to your site and listened to Jack Somebody music. It’s great music. I was once in a Punk band called “Rebel Cause”. We were a 3 piece band, I played the drums and backup singer. We had some songs we had written and played out but we never got serious about it. This was in my high school days. We were 16-19 years old just having fun. I have to find a tape that we made and maybe post some songs here. The fan base loved two of our songs. Hit and Run and obviously Rebel Cause. We did covers mostly. In my time The Clash, Billy Idol, Romones, Sex Pistols and The Police influenced us.
I enjoyed Almost Gone and Goodbye, but In the Fields is GREAT. Wow what a song with so much meaning. The words are meant to be heard. GREAT. I thought that In the Fields was about your day job out in the field. Funny, wrong.
Time to purchase your album and put it on my I-Phone. I can mow fast or line trim to Almost Gone. I like the pace.

If you come to O-Town and play let me know, maybe a road trip to the west coast is due.

Great work.

http://www.myspace.com/jacksomebodymusic

John

Steve
06-20-2009, 04:19 PM
I have to find a tape that we made and maybe post some songs here. The fan base loved two of our songs.

I'd love to hear some of your old songs! Do you have any pictures from your band days?

musician/lawnman
06-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks John,
Glad you like it. Thanks for the compliments too. Yeah, In the fields is a cool song & always goes over well live but it's a wierd one for stage presence...
To fast to really rock back & forth or jump up & down and stay with the songs rythem. Only thing I can do on stage really is bounce your head!
I write almost all the lyrics & most of the music. My favorite part is writing & recording.. Playing out is cool & we do it alot but to me it's more of a pain in the *** really.

majoe7
06-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I'd love to hear some of your old songs! Do you have any pictures from your band days?

Steve,
I start looking in the storage room, call my sister and old band mates in N.Y. to see if they have anything. I think I can find something. You know we recorded our songs on cassette tapes. That tells you young guns how old I am.

John

musician/lawnman
06-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I have alot of stuff from my past bands on cassettes. We used to just put a small tape recorder in the room & let it rip! I have been playing in bands since I was 12. That's approximately 12 different bands over going on 20 years now.