PDA

View Full Version : seo and ppc for landscaping companies

justinmg77
06-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi all...

I actually do SEO and PPC professionally full time for different small businesses so if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message. They both will work really well for you if done properly.

Heres a quick free tip try this directory to boost your link profile:

http://botw.org

It's $99 annual for the directory but it's been around since 1994 so when you build powerful links like this into your website you will increase your organic rankings. Just get your title and meta description tags optimized first, don't worry about keyword tags search engines don't read them anymore because of how they have been abused in the past.

:eek:

Steve
06-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi Justin,

What do you feel are the top say 5 things a lawn care business owner can do that are free that can help them with their Search Engine Optimization?

jds2381
06-30-2009, 01:27 AM
Well Steve, since no one replied. I'll try to help. I forget exactly everything I have done but just google "lawn care in parkersburg, WV" you will see me there. Once you see where the links are from, register with them. I havent spent a penny on that. Merchant Circle is one that comes to mind. Google maps or something is another. Check it out. It has worked for me.

Steve
06-30-2009, 03:51 AM
Do you keep track of what percentage of your new callers find you through your website?

justinmg77
07-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Hi Justin,

What do you feel are the top say 5 things a lawn care business owner can do that are free that can help them with their Search Engine Optimization?

Hi Steve,

Good question. It really applies to any business.

Top 5 Things, hands down:

1. Optimize TITLE Tag. Should include phrases such as "Target City + Landscape Company", and/or "Target City + Landscaping Company"

EG: TITLE Tag: <title>Chicago Landscape Company - Chicago Landscaping Company</title> - no more than 75 characters in length **

2. META description tag should look like this: <meta name="description" content="JoeSmo Landscape Company provides landscaping services in the chicago area. We do retaining walls, edging, pavers, etc etc".> *** No more than 150 characters. Include your most important key phrases within.

3. Repeat your important keywords within the "content" (text) of your page.

4. Optimize each page on your website seperately. Do not repeat the same title and meta tags throughout every page of the website. A page about pavers should be optimized for "Chicago Pavers" not "Chicago Landscape Company". Each page is like it's own website.

5. Do not build your site in all flash. Make sure your text is text, and not just fake text imbedded within images. No frames either. Any of those three things will prevent your website from being read by the search engines.

6. Stop stressing the meta keywords tag search engines including google do not read them anymore because they have been abused too much in the past.

7 Add quality links from places like dir.yahoo.com, botw.org, yahoo local, yellowpages.com. The more links you get back to your site the better. When possible include keywords in "anchor text" in other words,

<Top SEO Directories (http://www.yourwebgurus.com/topseodirectories.html) is my list of directories you can use for SEO purposes, of which I have optimized for the term "Top SEO Directories" and I am on the 1st page of Google... because I have links like this that have the keyword in the text that points to the website.

But more importantly, directories like yahoo (who don't allow anchor text actually technically) are more important because of how old and important the directory is considered. It's like an electoral vote for your website.

OR alternatively since you asked for FREE things you can do, instead of those directories most of which are paid directories, you can get links from websites like ezinearticles.com. Write articles and you get 1-2 links in each article back to your website. Also, goarticles.com, amazines.com are good too. Usfreeads is another good one. Free-press-release.com for press releases you can create press releases and get a link back to your website for $1 each. Also create profiles in social media platforms like facebook, twitter, digg.com, and create a link back to your website there. The more links.... the better!

BEST BOOK Hands down for SEO is "SEO For Dummies" as corny as it sounds it's a GREAT book.

If you have any questions let me know!

jds2381
07-01-2009, 01:15 AM
Do you keep track of what percentage of your new callers find you through your website?

I keep track of everything I do. That is the only way you can see what is working and what isnt. The bulk of my calls have came from doorhangers as that is the most aggressive marketing I have done. I have had several leads from the internet though.

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-28-2009, 12:08 AM
I would submit to online directories. If you have a blog with rss, sbmit the feed to rss directories. This will provide quality back links.

http://www.contractorhut.info/

http://landscapenewengland.info/

Steve
12-28-2009, 10:47 AM
I just checked those sites out. Did you put them together?

The Cleaning Doctor
01-06-2010, 09:40 AM
I just checked those sites out. Did you put them together?

I went to look at them and they will not come up. Hmmmm

SprinklerRepair
02-02-2010, 03:49 PM
http://www.rssmage.com/ has a large list of RSS/Blog directories, and they are also listed by PR.
Note that some are subject specific.

If you have a blog and HTML site, you can mix your feeds together into a new URL at http://www.rssmix.com/

Steve
02-03-2010, 05:46 AM
How do those html to rss feeds work when the html pages are static? How does it know when to update the rss feed? Do you have to manually tell it to?

chrisadam12
08-23-2010, 02:15 AM
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) works by targeting industry-specific and popular keywords that consumer’s type into search engines to quickly find click and purchase products and services like your own. Catching a consumer in the right mood at the right time in the sales cycle is imperative for getting them to take action (purchase a product or service) or facilitate conversion (pick up the phone, fill out a contact form, download an e-book, etc.), which is why search engine optimization is so effective for driving sales.

Websites occupying the top 3 results for a keyword receive the lion’s share of the traffic. Search marketing works because it facilitates conversions as the perfect medium coupling buyers, sellers and the products and services they want. Online consumers get what they want “when they want it” and business owners implementing search engine optimization get what they need – more business.