PDA

View Full Version : hello

pennington_sons
06-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Hello
I just wanted to introduce myself and company. My name is Joe Pennington and i own Pennington and sons lawn care. I started this thing three years ago for my sons and other famliy members needing jobs that were dependable. It has grown from a few yards to over 40 active accounts that are serviced weekly. i am turning a small profit but am always looking be beter and provide the best service possible to my customers. We have been approched by several in my community to take on larger commercial accounts and even some goverment accounts. so i look for more information on how to service those type of accounts.

arthur712
06-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Welcom to the forum Joe, So are your sons still working for you?

You will get some great tips here on the forum,

Thanx!

Steve
06-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Hi Joe,

Welcome to our forum!

You seem to be doing pretty good there! Congratulations!

Do you have any advice for the new start ups who don't have any customers yet? How can they go about getting 40?

pennington_sons
06-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Yes my sons are still working for me also my brother and father in law also work for me. i have a younger sone who is only eight but is looking forward to go to work and make some money as he puts it. As for new start ups i can say what has helped me was several things. But when i started i went and contacted several property managment companies and banks(repos) that with in a couple weeks gave me more work than i could handle. But caution to that type of accounts. Cash up front no credit, i got burnt several times and i could not file a mechanics lean against the property due to the contract agrement was with a third party with no controling intrest in the property. but it was a good way to build up cash for equipment and contacts. this year we only do res next year bigger and better i hope comerical accounts.

Steve
06-17-2009, 06:53 PM
We have been approched by several in my community to take on larger commercial accounts and even some goverment accounts. so i look for more information on how to service those type of accounts.

The fact that they have approached you is a good thing. Have you created a bid on those commercial properties yet? Or where are you in the process?

pennington_sons
06-17-2009, 06:57 PM
i have not made the bids yet. i am looking at taking them over next year and i am trying to learn how to make my bids and contracts look the best and show the customers how dedicated we are to providing the best job possible.

Steve
06-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Do you have any inside contacts with these commercial properties? Is there anyway they could show you what their previous year's bid looked like?