PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Central Texas

BolaD
06-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi my name is Kristian. I currently am Owner/Operator of a super small pest control company Defiant Pest Management, LLC. I am not having great luck at this so I am branching to Lawn Service. My brother has more knowledge than me at this so therefore he is my partner. As of right now, we just plan to do the simple stuff like mow-trim-blow. We have a logo, business cards, just ordered some patches with our logo, and magnetic signs for one of our personal trucks. We dont have high dollar ads or salesmen. We are word-of-mouth and referral based as of now. To be honest, to this day, we are not 'open for business' but already we have 1 customer. We will probably start to pass out flyers and cards within the next 2 weeks. We plan to have a few additional services such as mulch installation, simple tree trimming (up to 3" thick, 25-30 feet high), aeration and leaf/yard cleanup.

I have been cruising the site and taking notes for the past 2 weeks and wanted to say thanks to all here who give advice and share their experience and ideas.

arthur712
06-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the forum Kristian.

Steve
06-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi Kristian,

Welcome to our forum.

As you read here you will see there is nothing stopping you from getting as big as you want to get.

What got you to decide and start your own business?

BolaD
06-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Hi Kristian,

Welcome to our forum.

As you read here you will see there is nothing stopping you from getting as big as you want to get.

What got you to decide and start your own business?

I started for numerous reasons:

1) Tired of my supervisors and owners of company I used to work for

2) Wanted to be my own boss

3) Wanted to try it since I always talked about it

4) I had the licenses needed to start

Steve
06-17-2009, 11:19 PM
What do you think you learned from the experience of working with them. Both positive and negative?

What things will you apply to your business that you learned and what will you absolutely try to avoid?