PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna vs. Cub Cadet

nozzlehead
06-17-2009, 01:23 PM
My local dealer sells both Husqvarna & Cub Cadet. When I was shopping for a ZTR, I asked him why he didn't stock Husqvarna ZTR's, only Cub's (commerical). He told me that the Cub (Reconn, Tank, Enforcer) was moreless the same mower as the Huqvarna units. He said they had same trans units, they use Kolher & Kawasaki (both excellent), both have fabricated frames & decks. The only real difference was the color. Yet the Cub's are a fair bit less expensive. Any thoughts on this? Let me know. I have used a lot of Husqvarna products over the years & sure like that orange but can't see paying more for a color.

justin_time
06-17-2009, 02:01 PM
My local dealer sells both Husqvarna & Cub Cadet. When I was shopping for a ZTR, I asked him why he didn't stock Husqvarna ZTR's, only Cub's (commerical). He told me that the Cub (Reconn, Tank, Enforcer) was moreless the same mower as the Huqvarna units. He said they had same trans units, they use Kolher & Kawasaki (both excellent), both have fabricated frames & decks. The only real difference was the color. Yet the Cub's are a fair bit less expensive. Any thoughts on this? Let me know. I have used a lot of Husqvarna products over the years & sure like that orange but can't see paying more for a color.

Make sure the model starts with IZ and not EZ because IZ is commercial and EZ is consumer Zero turn

Here's my post

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=9278

Red Panda
07-16-2009, 08:00 PM
I found out cuz I was looking at the samething this last week. Huskys are an ok mower but they have NO commercial waranties!!

I bought 2 21" mowers, 2 trimmers, saw> All Of them have no warantee. I cam in for sevice work on the mowers and said no u got a 30 day warantee, OPPPS sorry to bad!!! Thats what they told me, I feel ripped off.

Cub Cadets come with a 2 year commercial warantee, and looks like better mower in the end, I am not a big enough company to have one yet but I still have beeen looking

justin_time
07-16-2009, 08:22 PM
I found out cuz I was looking at the samething this last week. Huskys are an ok mower but they have NO commercial waranties!!

I bought 2 21" mowers, 2 trimmers, saw> All Of them have no warantee. I cam in for sevice work on the mowers and said no u got a 30 day warantee, OPPPS sorry to bad!!! Thats what they told me, I feel ripped off.

Cub Cadets come with a 2 year commercial warantee, and looks like better mower in the end, I am not a big enough company to have one yet but I still have beeen looking

Probably because they are residential mowers. I have bought a 21 inch commercial and it has 3 year warranty on them

nozzlehead
07-17-2009, 11:41 AM
[quote=Red Panda;54976]I found out cuz I was looking at the samething this last week. Huskys are an ok mower but they have NO commercial waranties!!

Red Panda, all Husqvarna equipment has a warranty. Their commercial mowers have a 3 yr warranty while [commerical] trimmers, blowers, edgers, etc have a 2 yr warranty. Even some of their residential line carries a 3 yr warranty for home use & a 1 yr warranty for commercial use. I own & have used many, many, many husqvarna products over the years & while problems are few & far between, if it happened during the warranty period it was taken care of. So if your dealer told you that you only had a 30 day warranty you better do some checking! Also, I'd call Husqvarna direct on that dealer as well.