PDA

View Full Version : Ah..more mower talk :P

harmon10123
06-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Hey guys, first thanks for reading the post!
Now down to bussiness. I'm going to be purchasing a hydro walkbehind within the next month...I've used, for the most part, all exmark/toro walkers (lesco too), BUT to buy an exmark 48" new is very expensive! I'm debating between a Husqvarna 48" with the kawasaki 17hp V-twin motor or the ExMark 48" turf tracer hp with the 19hp kawasaki motor.

I don't know why I'm so...nervous i guess, to buy a new mower that isn't exmark. I'd say 60 to 75% of the other lawn guys use them around here. But the Husqvarna looks like it would be just as good. The only down side is that it has a fixed deck...which isn't really that big of a deal in the first place.

Any insite would be good. Please lemme know if anyone has had any experience with Husqvarna.

thanks!!

Oh the husqvarna is about 2k less than the exmark...and i know the owner of the husqvarna dealer so i might be able to get is even cheaper!!

justin_time
06-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Hey guys, first thanks for reading the post!
Now down to bussiness. I'm going to be purchasing a hydro walkbehind within the next month...I've used, for the most part, all exmark/toro walkers (lesco too), BUT to buy an exmark 48" new is very expensive! I'm debating between a Husqvarna 48" with the kawasaki 17hp V-twin motor or the ExMark 48" turf tracer hp with the 19hp kawasaki motor.

I don't know why I'm so...nervous i guess, to buy a new mower that isn't exmark. I'd say 60 to 75% of the other lawn guys use them around here. But the Husqvarna looks like it would be just as good. The only down side is that it has a fixed deck...which isn't really that big of a deal in the first place.

Any insite would be good. Please lemme know if anyone has had any experience with Husqvarna.

thanks!!

Oh the husqvarna is about 2k less than the exmark...and i know the owner of the husqvarna dealer so i might be able to get is even cheaper!!

My Husqvarna dealer was trying to get rid of his 48 inch walk behind and I tried it a few times and I couldn't even figure out how to use the controls because they were so hard to figure, it wasn't working properly or something. Otherwise they are great machines

Georgia Grass
11-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Don't discount the value of the floating deck on the Turf Tracer. You will absolutely scalp more with a fixed deck. Turf Tracer HP is an awesome mower. We use a variety of mowers, including Walkers, Exmark Lazers and Gravelys, but the hands down best mowers we use are the 36" and 48" Turf Tracer HPs.

jasonw
11-05-2009, 03:29 PM
I use my Troybilt 42" rider for my large lawn. So far its great, I also use it at home on the farm. Wonderful with the trailer I got for it to transport tools, food and or supply's across the property. I only spent about $1,300 for it OTD new at Lowes.

Steve
11-06-2009, 09:00 AM
At what size should a lawn care business owner be looking at a floating deck vs a fixed deck? I would think at a certain size the fixed deck could cause problems?

Fresh Cut
11-11-2009, 05:58 PM
I use my Troybilt 42" rider for my large lawn. So far its great, I also use it at home on the farm. Wonderful with the trailer I got for it to transport tools, food and or supply's across the property. I only spent about $1,300 for it OTD new at Lowes.

You have a picture of the TroyBilt 42".

The first mower I actually bought was my TroyBilt 42" tractor riding mower and it quickly got retired. It sitting on my box truck right now with 3 flats, a dead battery, and steering problems.
I showed it to my buddy and he says that I got a good machine and that I don't know what I got. I don't know about that, but I've since decided to keep it and fix it a little at a time. It has a 22 HP Briggs & Stratton.

I wonder if you have the same mower I do and if so, what condition it's in.

Georgia Grass
11-15-2009, 12:02 AM
At what size should a lawn care business owner be looking at a floating deck vs a fixed deck? I would think at a certain size the fixed deck could cause problems?

Pretty much anything above a push mower.