PDA

View Full Version : Trade Show?

grasshopper fl
06-16-2009, 11:13 AM
I am entering in a King of the Wing competion/trade show.(i cook wings and have them judged) It is being held in a gated community at the community pool and many residents are being encouraged to attend. Basically 300-400 people are expected to show up. And each person goes booth to booth trying chicken wings. I am going to have a booth with my banner, tent, table, flyers and wings. How do i get them 300-400 people to remember my both and company? Flyers is all i can think of. And i don't have a huge budget for fancy little give aways with my name on it.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Like should i offer specials? Give a door prize away? If so what should i give away?

I think this is a great oppourtunity to get alot of leads in a high end neighborhood. I just want to do it right.

Steve
06-16-2009, 03:37 PM
That is a very interesting question!

Could you create some marketing material for you and your booth that might say The Grasshopper Lawn Care Cooking Team? Or something like that? Could you wear tshirts and then have a banner that promoted that?

What about fabricating a grill from part of a mower or tractor? So like you need to raise the hood to cook the food. That could really get others talking too!

If you enjoyed this, maybe you could do this more often to meet more people. In fact maybe you could create a catering team where the main goal of it was to help market your lawn care business?

Here are some pictures that might get you thinking.

Tell me what you think.

grasshopper fl
06-16-2009, 07:32 PM
That grill wont just get people talking. i think they would hang around the booth alot too. Bad news is that it is this Sat June 21. So i don't have much time to do alot. I do have a 3x8 banner just like in the picture. i didn't get any shirts made up because of costs. but the is an annual event, so next year i can hit it harder.

Should i put any thing special on my flyers or print outs that i hand out. Because every person that walks in goes booth to booth trying chicken wings, jsut like a chilli cook off. So 300-400 people, thats a TON of advertising right there. And what is the percent i should expect for leads and landing jobs? Cause thats the whole point of this.

Matt

thats an AWSOME grill. i wounder if they can mow with it and come lunch time flop on a few burgers for the crew. haha.

Steve
06-16-2009, 08:29 PM
I'd say have a stack of business cards there.

Take some pictures! I can't wait to see how all this looks.

Little's
06-17-2009, 01:53 AM
I would wear a business shirt and/or put up a sign that says "ASK ME ABOUT MY BUSINESS!"
And have a stack of business cards out.

picframer
06-17-2009, 05:39 AM
Personally I would give away one free mow and trim, have a large banner done up for across the front of the table, give out free water bottles, what I have seen done is you can get something like 1,000 of those paper rings that fit around the water bottle with your company name and contact, what happens is most will want water, your name is everywhere at the event, cheap on the $$$ side, makes your company look massive.

GopherHunting
07-14-2009, 07:27 PM
hey grasshopper,
I'm a little later for this year's show but you said you would be doing it again next year...
The first thing I would suggest is make the BEST wings there, win the contest, and have everyone talking about you... :D
Seriously though, it sounds like you have a limited budget and it's an outdoor event, so I wouldn't recommend any of our trade show booths, but how about a big sign that says,
"WIN A FREE PARIS HILTON LAWN MAKEOVER"
"LET US PAMPER YOUR LAWN FOR THE DAY AND MAKE IT THE STAR OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD"
"ENTER HERE"

The best ways to get leads is to try to get everyone to fill out a form to win the lawn makeover. Of course, only one person will win, and then you need to call everyone else and offer to do a trial "makeover" for half price and then amaze them and sign them up...
You can decide if the Paris Hilton thing is a good idea or not... :)
~ Steve, seller of trade show booths and amateur gopher hunter

PS. How did the show go? Did you win the wings cook off???

Steve
07-15-2009, 12:03 PM
The best ways to get leads is to try to get everyone to fill out a form to win the lawn makeover.

That is a great idea! What kinds of things would you include in your makeover if you were to do this?