PDA

View Full Version : late season marketing

emanning
06-16-2009, 09:52 AM
I started last March with zero customers. I've added 24 new customers this summer through door hangers and flyers. Is it to late to invest more money and time into flyers / door hangers with the mowing season halfway over? I'm thinking there is opportunity to take over others as the weather continues to get hot and in August when the college kids start to go back to school. When do you stop door to door marketing? Very time consuming to do it ourselves but little expense, paying a service is expensive but they get mass coverage once a month.

Steve
06-16-2009, 03:44 PM
I think the simple answer to that question is you should never stop marketing. Now is a great time to pick up lawn accounts from customers who signed up with low ball lawn care businesses which have since gone out of business or maybe they just are totally unreliable.

justin_time
06-16-2009, 09:21 PM
It's never too late to get new customers. I see your somewhere in the south since you started in March where I still have snow up here so yeah I can't tell you when you should start marketing because everybody is different but i can sure tell you, you need to get a name out there so you can stand out, and repeat your advertising and people will get to know you.

How do you think that beer, car or women commercial stays stuck in your head alot.

The answer

The repeat it so many times...

arthur712
06-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Wecome to the forum!!

The slow time are the best for marketing, because you do not have as much work. You have to think that it is always busy busy busy, let your accounts know how great business is. You never want to say it is slow because people will think why! A busy company is doing the right thing all the time!

Good to see you here, You will get so much great information!

Thanx!