PDA

View Full Version : Meet and Greet

picframer
06-16-2009, 05:54 AM
I was doing a small chipping job for a long time friend Sunday, he said Andy, you have to slow down, smell the roses, take 20 min a day and just relax, this will give you time to think, I was nice about it but my first thought was OMG the last thing I need time to think and come up with more ideas.

Driving home I remembered I had a GTG (get together) for our TDI club to attend (diesel volkswagen club) we get together once a month, talk about any issues, fix small things for each other, have a beer and shoot the breeze, there were close to 36 there on Sunday.

Driving home I thought man it would be great to have one for the members at Gopher, each of us could talk for a min about an area, Eli on spring tune ups, Steve on Marketing, Steve on Organic spraying, I could answer questions on budgets, personal and business finance, Chuck on ZTR's etc. I think it would be an amazing experience and an eye opener for us all.

It's just something I will throw out, as for timing January and February are down months for me, yes we have snow removal but I am going to really cut that back this season and work on my woodworking. I plan to be in Brazil most of January helping build a medical centre in a small community.

Anyhow for us Canadians, Florida is a very cheap place to fly in these months or we could pick another perhaps more central location that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

It would not have to be super organized, just have some fun and learn a few things.

Perhaps some of you folks in the states know of a resort type place that offers super rates during these off season times, maybe we could give them a spring clean up to offset our beer money:)

I believe we could also get sponsorship, perhaps companies like Stihl, Bear Cat, Deere etc. I know at least these three would send a rep in a heartbeat and it would save us some $$$ for other activities.

We did this a few times for the WOOD Forum, we have national GTG's for the TDI Club, well over 1,200 guys and gals get together for a 3 day weekend....

What are your thoughts?

Steve
06-16-2009, 03:57 PM
We did this a few times for the WOOD Forum, we have national GTG's for the TDI Club, well over 1,200 guys and gals get together for a 3 day weekend....

That is fantastic. Can you tell us a little more about your experiences with these? What did you do? What did you like about them or dislike?

swstout
06-16-2009, 07:38 PM
An interesting proposition Andy. Florida would be driving distance for me and the "boss" could come (not keen on flying). Maybe Nature's Lawn would be interested. I get my products from then shipped from Florida so they must have something there.

Steve

MikeO
06-21-2009, 07:32 PM
My dad goes to florida every winter. Regular snow bird. Takes his harley and drives about 400 miles then calls it quits and has his wife drive the rest of the way. He pays for a cottage type apartment for the months. 3 altogether.
All the old rich people who have nothing else to do ends up there. Its basically set up for retirement getaways. The people love them and offer everything. Malls-restraunts-golf-fishing cruises. To me those are the people you want to be working for. He pays relatively cheap rates plus, you have the beach there as well. I can ask him what the resort is called. Might be called "Geriatric getaway".