PDA

View Full Version : Terminator Mowers!

CHEESE2009
06-15-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm sure we've all seen these from Google searching anything to do with grass.

Does anyone know how much they cost? Or if they will soon take over the world & ruin us all? Should we assassinate anyone?

http://www.robotshop.ca/robot-mowers.html

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JR774XxmLBs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JR774XxmLBs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't think they can do the best job, I don't see them bagging or whatever. I can imagine the technology going farther though.

:eek:EARMUFF CREW ASSEMBLE!!! Gotta get rid of the illegal immigrants & now robots!

picframer
06-16-2009, 05:26 AM
Sunday evening there was a documentary "All about Lawns" my son was watching it, I had pounded in a long day and had paperwork to do, product to order etc so I only listened from my office.

Took a bathroom brake and this unit was being featured, they had nothing but good things to say about it, they never did state the cost but I would think they would be expensive.

No stripes but the three peoples lawns they showed looked excellent.

andyjoneslawncare
06-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Don't worry, we won't be replaced. People don't want to spend lots of money up front on a mower, otherwise everyone would be mowing their own yard with a 22hp zrt. Even if they bought it, there's trimming and edging and what about theft? If you got that mower going and then went to the beach, you'd probably be minus a mower when you got back. OR, we could all buy ten of these things, drop one off at each yard in the morning, then drive back to those yards after lunch to pick up our mowers and paychecks!
PS What's wrong with you Canadians anyway? Next time you post a video, how about one thats in english? Wee wee? Bonjour? French fries? As a kid I spent a lot of time in the great lakes and I remember everything you bought had english and french on it. Down here everything has english and spanish, so I'm getting good at spanish but I don't know a bit of french!

CHEESE2009
06-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Don't worry, we won't be replaced. People don't want to spend lots of money up front on a mower, otherwise everyone would be mowing their own yard with a 22hp zrt. Even if they bought it, there's trimming and edging and what about theft? If you got that mower going and then went to the beach, you'd probably be minus a mower when you got back. OR, we could all buy ten of these things, drop one off at each yard in the morning, then drive back to those yards after lunch to pick up our mowers and paychecks!
PS What's wrong with you Canadians anyway? Next time you post a video, how about one thats in english? Wee wee? Bonjour? French fries? As a kid I spent a lot of time in the great lakes and I remember everything you bought had english and french on it. Down here everything has english and spanish, so I'm getting good at spanish but I don't know a bit of french!

LOL! Sorry about the video. I don't understand what they say either, but I thought it was the best one, with what they show us.

justin_time
06-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Husqvarna has a similar one

http://www.automower.com/

SuperiorPower
06-17-2009, 05:50 AM
Remember something has to tell these robotic mowers where to mow, where to avoid (like flower beds, the area where house and other structures are, gravel driveway, etc.). Or to keep it from going over into the neighbor's yard or into the street where the speeding neighbor's kid would make a point of driving over it with his jacked up 4x4 truck. Someone has to program this machine to do all this and to make sure it mows the entire yard (and not leave unmowed strips of grass) but only the yard. So no, I don't think you guys have anything to worry about just yet. Someone would have to be out installing or programming these mowers and this is not going to be cheap. I think this is going to be an item that only the super wealthy are going to go after now. And it won't be the ones with a large yard. I doubt this will really take on just yet, if ever. Besides, mowing is just a such a small part of yard care. There is spraying, mulching, blah, blah, blah...... You guys are just fine for now. And probably always will be.Yu have t