PDA

View Full Version : I need your help! I don't know what to do!

baseballmartz8
06-15-2009, 08:24 PM
I just started my own business and passed out flyers earlier today. Later in the day, while at my baseball game, someone called wanting lawn service. I called him back right away but got his answering machine. The bad news is that his mailbox was full. It gave me the option to page him so I did that. So far, he hasn't called back. When he left me a message he also gave me his adderess. I found out that he lives in the same neighborhood as me. My question is if I should walk down to his house and talk to him since I can't get a hold of him by phone.

Thanks for the help

swstout
06-15-2009, 08:28 PM
I just started my own business and passed out flyers earlier today. Later in the day, while at my baseball game, someone called wanting lawn service. I called him back right away but got his answering machine. The bad news is that his mailbox was full. It gave me the option to page him so I did that. So far, he hasn't called back. When he left me a message he also gave me his adderess. I found out that he lives in the same neighborhood as me. My question is if I should walk down to his house and talk to him since I can't get a hold of him by phone.

Thanks for the help

Face to face is the best sales approach. He called you so you are not cold calling. Showing up shows your character and professionalism.

Steve

CHEESE2009
06-15-2009, 09:02 PM
I never really met any of my customers.

Guy: I need lawn service, my address is *****

Scott: Ok, you got it!

I do it, call them the next week to have the payment ready.

If I miss a call, I usually call back. If there is no answer I FIND THEM:D on canada411.com + mapquest.com

Then I pass by their home just to make sure I even want to deal with them.

They might have grass up to your neck, or some other problem. I'll avoid the call.

If there is no problem with the lawn, I write my estimate on the back of a card & stick it where they can see it, or mail box. Then I will call later to confirm if they had received my card & if they are interested.

picframer
06-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Without a question go pay him a visit and if he/she is not home leave a note saying thanks for your call, tried to call you however your mail box is full, would love to discuss your lawn care needs, please call me at.....

majoe7
06-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Opportunity missed = Opportunity lost.

I agree with the other members that you should follow up with him in person if you want the job. Like Steve said one on one is the best way.

John

baseballmartz8
06-17-2009, 09:51 PM
thanks guys for all the help. I went down to his house and rang the doorbell and his son answered. I gave him a note and business card and told him to have his dad call me.

2 days later and I still haven't heard anything. I left him a message on his phone and I don't want to sound desperate by calling him again. Also, later in the day, I saw his neighbor cutting his grass. Not sure if they set this up or if the neighbor was doing this out of kindness because the family just bought the house and moved in a short time ago.

Any more advice?

Thanks so much!