PDA

View Full Version : It went down real nice!

swstout
06-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Busy day at home today. Planted a 110 foot Purple Plum shrub hedge, 214 Feet of Dwarf Burning Bush shrub hedge (lined my driveway), and 24 Pink Honeysuckle bushes.

It got up to 98 with a heat index of 107. The "Boss" is happy and I'm beat! Celebrated with a cold Molson's. It went down real nice. Too nice! Now, I'm having play time; just vegging out and relaxing (with another Molson's).

I have 2 spray jobs tomorrow and that's it. 2-3 hours and done.

How do you guys wind down?

Steve

picframer
06-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Molson's???...LOL drinking Canadian beer to handle the thirst???

Unwinding, funny I just took my best friend Maya for a walk and was thinking the same thing, what should I do to unwind....Generally I work around my property which has projects everywhere, Maya and I mowed the lawn, that is always an adventure as she like to grab the hat off my head.....would be lost without my dog now that the kids are grown up.

I will sometimes go for a swim in the lake we live on, most of the people on my street are around my age so when you go for a walk you here Hey Andy, stop in for a beer, bar's open...typical maritime thing, one is generally my limit as I get so relaxed I want to sleep:)

That sure is a lot of work Steve, take a pic sometime, I bet it looks great. I planted a few of those Cherry trees last summer with the big white blossom's, forget what they are called but they are coming along nice...oh if I just had more time there is so much I would like to do around here.

Andy

turfmaster
06-13-2009, 09:09 PM
I Celebrated with a cold Molson's. It went down real nice. Too nice! Now, I'm having play time; just vegging out and relaxing (with another Molson's).

I have 2 spray jobs tomorrow and that's it. 2-3 hours and done.

How do you guys wind down?

Steve
[/SIZE]

After a day like you had Steve I would be chillin out with a few cold ones too!

justin_time
06-13-2009, 10:26 PM
After a day like you had Steve I would be chillin out with a few cold ones too!

My customers today were offering me water/pop/beer. They always seem to take care of me.

I would love to have a beer but I have to refuse

Ontario has toughened its impaired driving laws to drive home the message
that drinking and driving is not acceptable under any circumstance.
As of May 1, 2009, if you are found to have a blood alcohol concentration
(http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/impaired/fact-sheet.shtml) from 0.05
to 0.08 (the "warn range") while driving you will:

- Have your driver's licence suspended for three days the first time
you are caught
- Have your driver's licence suspended for seven days and have to
attend an alcohol education program
(http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/impaired/part2.shtml) the
second time you are caught
- Have your driver's license suspended for 30 days, complete a remedial
alcohol treatment program and have an ignition interlock
(http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/impaired/interlock.shtml)
condition placed on your driver's licence for six months.

Previously, drivers only received a 12-hour driver's licence suspension,
no matter how many times they were caught.

swstout
06-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Molson's???...LOL drinking Canadian beer to handle the thirst???

Unwinding, funny I just took my best friend Maya for a walk and was thinking the same thing, what should I do to unwind....Generally I work around my property which has projects everywhere, Maya and I mowed the lawn, that is always an adventure as she like to grab the hat off my head.....would be lost without my dog now that the kids are grown up.

I will sometimes go for a swim in the lake we live on, most of the people on my street are around my age so when you go for a walk you here Hey Andy, stop in for a beer, bar's open...typical maritime thing, one is generally my limit as I get so relaxed I want to sleep:)

That sure is a lot of work Steve, take a pic sometime, I bet it looks great. I planted a few of those Cherry trees last summer with the big white blossom's, forget what they are called but they are coming along nice...oh if I just had more time there is so much I would like to do around here.

Andy

My choice would be Labatts but that can't be sold here (there is a strict % leel for beer here 3.2% and Labatts won't change their formula or alcohol content).

Dante is my friend. he is 17 now and only keeps me company for a short while (that would be 119 in human years).

I have been taking pictures but my oldest son took my transfer cable so I can't upload them. He'll be back in June with it (I hope).

Steve

Steve
06-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Any pictures of the job?

justin_time
06-14-2009, 05:28 PM
My choice would be Labatts but that can't be sold here (there is a strict % leel for beer here 3.2% and Labatts won't change their formula or alcohol content).

3.2% ? That's like water for us. Our beer here in Canada is 4% :eek:

CHEESE2009
06-14-2009, 06:14 PM
3.2% ? That's like water for us. Our beer here in Canada is 4% :eek:

Hahahaha! Another post that caught my eye! :D