PDA

View Full Version : Marketing cash or barter

Steve
06-13-2009, 06:01 PM
I can't remember seeing a lawn care business that had promoted cash or barter in this manner, ever.

Very interesting!

I wonder how this is working.

http://lawnarchy.com/newsign.JPG

What's your view on this?

picframer
06-13-2009, 06:56 PM
My son and I sell wood crafts at a farmers market on Saturdays, been there for over 14 years and we do very well, actually supported the family for two years doing this while I decided what I wanted to do after leaving banking.

I barter from time to time with the farmers and other crafters, I have never asked another vendor but am asked quite often.

As a kid I would pick fiddle heads and take them to the farmers store and trade for candy, pop and chips, it was a lot of fun.

Unless it's a food item, it would be desperate hard for me to barter as I have just about everything, I am however doing somewhat of a barter now, a fellow needs a bunch of excavation work on his farm, he in turn will work with our woods crew cutting trees, he is a farmer and doesn't have a lot of cash, we have tons of work so this should work out well.

Andy

Steve W
06-13-2009, 08:16 PM
I love to barter, Sometimes I like it better than cash. I have a reg. costumer that has a welding shop and just this week we traded out some work for each other. He added some support and braces to my trailer tongue and tail gate. I felt I had the upper hand this time. But then again he also thought he had the upper hand. LOL! But I have never advertised for cash or barter.

CHEESE2009
06-14-2009, 06:42 AM
I hear single moms like to barter