PDA

View Full Version : Complete Noob

armowing
06-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Hello all

I'm located in Beebe, AR and have been contemplating about starting my own business. I ran across this site and have found some valuable info. I also have a close friend who does Lawn Care in another part of the state that has been giving me alot of good info. I just don't know where to start!!! Business license; equipment (have a push mower; blower; weed eater); INSURANCE; customers; etc......
So i'm looking everywhere for more info.

Glad to have found all this great info and looking forward to communicate with all the members!

Steve
06-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Welcome to our forum!

I don't know if your area would require a business license but your town hall would know.

If you wanted to start your business with your name, you could simply get some business insurance and get out there and start. Have the checks made payable to you.

You seem to have all the equipment you need to get started.

What kinds of things has your friend mentioned you should do to get started?

arthur712
06-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Thanx!
Artie

ritchiem
06-12-2009, 06:18 AM
Welcome to the forums.

armowing
06-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Welcome to our forum!

I don't know if your area would require a business license but your town hall would know.

If you wanted to start your business with your name, you could simply get some business insurance and get out there and start. Have the checks made payable to you.

You seem to have all the equipment you need to get started.

What kinds of things has your friend mentioned you should do to get started?

Well, start small; try to get customers in my small hometown first; equipment is ok for now; GET INSURANCE (will have to wait a couple of weeks); make business cards; make a flyer; go door to door; offer half price 1st service etc...

Steve W
06-13-2009, 09:07 PM
offer half price 1st service etc...
WOW!?
Maybe with a signed contract, RIGHT?

SuperiorPower
06-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Welcome to the forum!

If you have any repair questions don't hesitate to post them in this forum or check out my forum to see if that topic has already been covered. :)

Look around and learn from the guys here. There are plenty of good folks to learn from here.

Eli