PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

majoe7
06-11-2009, 10:13 PM
I have a question for all of you.

I have been doing my neighbors lawn for about 5 years now, his Grandson wants to get into the Lawn Care Business. He asked me, not tells me if it is okay for him to start taking care of his lawn at the 1st of the month. He states that he knows he has a year contract that ends at the end of the year but he wants to help out his Grandson. He’s a good kid (20 yrs old), respectful and works another full time job with some night classes. Would you hold him to the contract or tell him that his Grandson needs to look elsewhere? I tell him sure I have no problem with that and if he needs any help or has questions, I am here for him. I told him that we all had to start somewhere and family is a great place to start.

Well today Grandpa comes over and I asked how his Grandson likes his first few weeks of the Lawn Care? He says I had to teach him a couple of things that you (ME) have told me over time. Cutting too low, scalping the lawn, flat tires and not edging everything.:eek: He also said he told him that it takes a lot out of you with the heat.:rolleyes: We live in Central Florida. Today 92* w/ heat index about 105* with no Breeze. He says he doesn’t think he will last long. I reminded him that we are not into the hot months yet. July/August. To end this long question…… Grandpa tries to pay me for the rest of the year, I told forget about it….. Just call me when he’s had enough. Like I said before, people don’t really understand that our jobs are hard and we do work our butts off.

John

picframer
06-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Personally I would hand it over, I was told years ago to never burn a bridge, and I realize you are not however a good deed will come back to you bud.