PDA

View Full Version : gopher site

XtreemGreen
06-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Although Ive been a member for 3 years (originally chadslawn) I didnt frequent this site much.. I am a winner of the gopherhaul contest but no longer use that business name..

But I must admit... Ive gotten more help, advice and ideas from this site in 3 days then I have at any other lawn site..

The other sites are now a days a bunch of "im better and smarter than you site's"
Ive been banned from 2 just for giving my opinion on how they ran there forum.

Id just like to say a big THANKS to Steve for starting this site.. Im here for good..

Steve
06-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Thank you so much.

Since you have been very active with bulletin boards and run your own, what have you found was some of the reason some sites are helpful and others are not? What advice do you have as far as running them?

XtreemGreen
06-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Thank you so much.

Since you have been very active with bulletin boards and run your own, what have you found was some of the reason some sites are helpful and others are not? What advice do you have as far as running them?

Ive tried just about all of the popular forum software there is.. Some (Admin/Owner side) are very easy to install and set-up and some just have too many steps to go through..

As far as the site that are helpful and the ones that arent..
the larger ones (names not included) have turned into a rat race and are highly babysat or moderated.. Alot of cry babies and dumba$$es..

My advice as far as running them** Keep them as clean as possible and enforce your rules.. Hire me to set them up...LOL

Hope that helped Steve..

Steve
06-10-2009, 02:47 PM
What have you liked or disliked about running your site?

XtreemGreen
06-10-2009, 02:59 PM
What have you liked or disliked about running your site?

LOL...Which one? Mainly the lack of members...You advertise the site on other sites.. They come and start posting, but eventually it dies off.. Then the spammers come..You spend alot of time getting a site looking good and turns out to be a waste of time...

Steve
06-10-2009, 03:19 PM
That is a very good point.