PDA

View Full Version : Pool maintenance

XtreemGreen
06-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Although I know nothing about cleaning a pool and what chemicals do what.. What do you guys think about adding pool service? I could offer it as a discount bundle for those that choose to use my lawn and pool service..The start up cost would be affordable..

johnnyirish11
06-10-2009, 11:03 AM
I run a landscape business and have gotten my CPO and incorporated pools into my services. My schedule now consits 75% percent lawn and 25% pools. Not bad.

XtreemGreen
06-10-2009, 11:09 AM
I run a landscape business and have gotten my CPO and incorporated pools into my services. My schedule now consits 75% percent lawn and 25% pools. Not bad.

What is a CPO?

johnnyirish11
06-10-2009, 11:13 AM
A CPO is a Certified Pool Operators license. You can probally get away with out having one, but big fines if your caught.

XtreemGreen
06-10-2009, 11:23 AM
How long is the class and what was the total cost?

Ill get one after I get some experience under my belt..I know a couple guy that do it.. Im going to ask if I can ride with them a couple days..

johnnyirish11
06-10-2009, 11:37 AM
The cost for me here in FL was $225. and it was 2 classes. As long as you pass the exam. :D

XtreemGreen
06-10-2009, 01:25 PM
The cost for me here in FL was $225. and it was 2 classes. As long as you pass the exam. :D

Sounds good...I would ask how hard the test was, but we are not equal.. It may be easier or harder for me or someone else..

Steve
06-10-2009, 02:29 PM
When you went in to take the test, did you have a good working knowledge of pool care or no? What stood out from that training?

johnnyirish11
06-10-2009, 04:40 PM
When you went in to take the test, did you have a good working knowledge of pool care or no? What stood out from that training?

I understood the basics of cleaning a pool. There was alot I learned though. They show how to mathamatically determin how much of what to put in a pool. They explain the realationship of alkalinity tp ph and what to do if high or low. They go over mechanicals of a pool system. What valves to open or close to properly maintain a function of a pool. There is a lot of things, but it is pretty simple when you already know to add acid to lower ph, and when to shock a pool, and the saftey precautions that high levels of a chemical could cause. It is not rocket science, but there is a science behind it.