PDA

View Full Version : Walker Lite On

LALAWNCARE
06-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Have A 26efi Service Lite Comes On During Use. Dealer Checked Can Not Find The Problem. Any Guess. Thanks.........

SuperiorPower
06-09-2009, 07:14 PM
This is a typical "its impossible to diagnose without seeing it" case. Does the light stay on? or does it come on after using it for so long?

And even with that info, I would have a hard time giving you any accurate info since I don't know what the light is intended to show (excessive intake pressures, too rich fuel mixture, etc). This is something that I suppose that a dealer is the only source.

Here are a few things that I would recommend checking just to be sure. I am sure you and your dealer have already done this but I'll say it just the same:

-Check the air filter to make sure it is clean.
-make sure the spark plugs have been replaced recently.
-make sure the vacuum lines are all in good condition
-have the oil and filter both been replaced recently?
-or does this light even apply to the engine? is it a service light for the rest of the machine? you owners manual should give you a good idea about this.

I still say your dealer is your best shot.

Good luck,
Eli

XtreemGreen
06-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Take it to another dealer... Call the manufacturer..

By the way... Whats a 26efi??? Make and model sometimes help..

Wrong section as well..

SuperiorPower
06-10-2009, 05:55 AM
26 = 26 horse power
efi = Electronic Fuel Injection

SuperiorPower
06-10-2009, 06:31 AM
Take it to another dealer...

This is to XtreemGreen:
This is not something I would recommend unless of course you have hard evidence that the dealer is incompetent or simply not doing his job. Your opinion does not count. Trust me, neither the old dealer and the new dealer are going to trust you if you do that. Dealers hate customers who "jump" over whims. And if it is over an unusual problem like this, this is hurts you more than anyone else.

Think about it, your "new" dealer choice has to now go through the same diagnosing procedure that the "old" one did. And will VERY LIKELY charge you for it. After all, it is not his fault that he had to diagnose your problem, again. Let me ask you, if you are not faithful to a dealer, do you think they will be faithful to you? Let me tell you, dealers are busy and simply do not have the time to deal with customers who play games with themselves. While I was reading this, there was a topic running on a dealer only site about LCOs that jump from dealer to dealer over whims. And the unanimous consensus was that it is hated.

Sorry for being "harsh", but this is the way I see it.

Eli

XtreemGreen
06-10-2009, 10:20 AM
I totally understand what your saying..Staying loyal to 1 dealer is what you should do... BUT... If that dealer cannot figure out what is wrong, wouldn't you take it to another to see if they can figure it out? Maybe another dealer had the same problem with one of there customers mower or a more experienced tech.. You never know..
I had a situation years ago with a w/b..It kept throwing belts off the deck.. the dealer I got the mower from just kept putting a new belt and doing some adjusting..Well I got tired of it and took it to another dealer.. Come to find out, one of the main pulleys were on recall.. that dealer called my regular dealer and my regular dealer told the other he was full of chit..Although my regular dealer always took care of me.. That was the last time I went there..

You only have so many options when your main mower is down or messing up..Just like a car.. If one dealer cant fix a problem, theres always another dealer..

If its under warranty, a dealer is a dealer they have to honor it..

LALAWNCARE
06-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Ill Double Check Everything. Also The Lite Only Comes On After It Runs Half Hr Or So.. Shut If Off Turn It Back On Lites Out Then Comes Back.

XtreemGreen
06-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Ill Double Check Everything. Also The Lite Only Comes On After It Runs Half Hr Or So.. Shut If Off Turn It Back On Lites Out Then Comes Back.

Im not sure about the newer machines.. But does it have any sensors on it? Like o2 sensor? air flow sensor? stuff like that? its FI so it has to have a computer...So its gotta be a sensor..

SuperiorPower
06-11-2009, 03:28 AM
XtremeGreen,

I started my post out last time with
This is not something I would recommend unless of course you have hard evidence that the dealer is incompetent or simply not doing his job.

And I still stand by that. And I am not going to argue with you or anyone else about this. I simply do not have the time to do that. I am simply trying to help out LALAWNCARE.

LALAWNCARE,
What make and model is your engine? Send me that in a PM and I'll check it out for you and see what I can find. Also send me the year, make, and model of your mower. If you can't find the engine info please take a photo of the engine and email it to service@superiorpowerequip.com and I'll try to determine the make. If you can find the plate or section with the model and serial #s, the make should be there as well. Or simply email me a photo of the model and serial # and another photo of the engine. Like I said, once I get that info, I'll see what I can find out on it. Until then I won't further speculate on the problem since it simply is not possible to accurately diagnose with no further info.

Let me know, I'll try to help you out the best I can.

Eli

SuperiorPower
06-11-2009, 03:31 AM
What I did not mention is that I either have or have access to many of the shop manuals for the newer engines so I should be able to help you without BLIND speculation.

XtreemGreen
06-11-2009, 09:51 AM
With all do respect, Im not trying to argue with you or anyone else..
Alls IM saying is, if the dealer has no clue as to whats wrong with the mower he sold to the customer.. What else are you supposed to do? Run it taking a chance it could be a short in a wire..Then you take a chance on it catching on fire?...

The place I bought my stuff from I was very dedicated to.. But there were times I wanted to go somewhere else because of waiting time..but I didnt.. Now there out of business and I have to get parts online or drive 50 miles to a shop that carries them..

You have a shop and I understand what your saying...But if you or your techs cant diagnose a problem.. What would you do????

SuperiorPower
06-11-2009, 01:57 PM
I would confer with the factory reps and/or other shops. Which I do all the time. We share info with each other all the time.

Just for the record, I have over 15 years experience servicing small engines and power equipment and my dad has over 40 years for a total of almost 60 years. I have brothers to who have experience of up to another 10-20 years. And between the 2 of us, we still find things that we have never seen and no one we know to talk to have ever seen. But we still try to narrow it down. I just found a new problem 2-3 weeks ago that I had never seen before. Diagnosis....

I was just trying to say that I would make sure that you give the dealer a good opportunity to fix it before you go to another dealer. Like I said before, if you go to a new dealer the new dealer has to diagnose it too and has to do trial and error until he has found the problem (unless there is a service or recall bulletin on it that the first one is unaware of). Think about it, the next thing you have is the same thing having been tried 2 times to get the same problem fixed.

Now of course if the first dealer has given up, then move on if that is what you want to do. But I would recommend communicating this with the original dealer.

XtreemGreen
06-11-2009, 02:01 PM
I was just trying to say that I would make sure that you give the dealer a good opportunity to fix it before you go to another dealer.

Now of course if the first dealer has given up, then move on if that is what you want to do. But I would recommend communicating this with the original dealer.

Now we are on the same page.. Thats exactly what I was trying to say...Ive been at a shop where no-one could figure out the problem...

Hopefully they can figure it out and if it takes days to fix, they give him a demo or something to run in the mean rime..

SuperiorPower
06-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Take it to another dealer... Call the manufacturer..

By the way... Whats a 26efi??? Make and model sometimes help..

Wrong section as well..

At the risk of sounding confrontational or argumentative, and for what its worth, let me just say it sounded like from this post that you were done with the first dealer and were ready to go to a new dealer RIGHT NOW. Just saying......

BTW, Do you have any mechanical experience with power equipment or small engines other than your own equipment?

XtreemGreen
06-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Always give your current dealer a chance to fix something..

No I dont, But I have owned a few different brands of 2cycle that I have done repairs on.. Nothing major though.. Ive always done my own repairs.. even when it was under warranty....I know my mower like the back of my hand..Its 10yrs old and Ive had a few wiring issues with it...
I can usually figure it out on my own.. If not I have a friend that works for a mower shop that usually help diagnose it. The most major Ive done on mine is rebuilt the heads and relpace the umm... I cant remember the name.. The charging system behind the flywheel..Stator? The PTO clutch, jack shaft..

2cycles** rebuilt carbs many times, coils.. Not too many other things on a 2cycle to fix or rebuild...I even built my own stick edger using electrical pipe..Converted a 52" w/b into a 36... I made an old 36" deck fit to the 52" frame..

XtreemGreen
03-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Who negged me on this post? explaine your reasons...

lying. Inconsistent statements. Claims to know things he really does not.:mad:

Steve
03-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Who negged me on this post? explaine your reasons...
What do you mean?

XtreemGreen
03-03-2010, 11:18 AM
in my UserCp Reputation..

Steve
03-04-2010, 11:06 AM
I have know idea who did that. Lets all try and keep things positive on here. Such comments don't help.