PDA

View Full Version : Got soaked today

wdcutter
06-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Well today started out overcast and went out for coffee with the wife, then headed to stop #1 and on the way it started to sprinkle, once mowing it turned to light rain and by the time I was weed eating it was pouring. I ended up changing in the trailer before leaving the site and wringing out my gear.
Things died down from there and I was able to finish out the day, I spent the rest of the afternoon running around pricing stuff out for estimates and ordering more t's, but think I found every DD there was today as I bounced around 3 different towns..
Mental Note To Self: get rain gear for the truck...

justin_time
06-09-2009, 04:30 PM
That's why I don't cut in the rain

justin_time
06-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Well today started out overcast and went out for coffee with the wife, then headed to stop #1 and on the way it started to sprinkle, once mowing it turned to light rain and by the time I was weed eating it was pouring. I ended up changing in the trailer before leaving the site and wringing out my gear.
Things died down from there and I was able to finish out the day, I spent the rest of the afternoon running around pricing stuff out for estimates and ordering more t's, but think I found every DD there was today as I bounced around 3 different towns..
Mental Note To Self: get rain gear for the truck...

That's why I don't cut in the rain, everything gets wet and it's harder to cut and then you make a mess then you have to clean it up

CHEESE2009
06-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Rain is hell.

So far I managed to keep my customers maintained every week, I'd hate to skip a week due to the rain.

There is a time where if you have a chance to mow even if it's wet, it'll be the best chance you get for awhile before things get worse.

Today the grass is wet, I want to start mowing but I'm taking a chance & hoping it'll dry out a bit before it rains later (if it does, the weatherman has been wrong the past ENTIRE YEAR)

I have a high paying customer to do today, he didn't want me cutting grass because it wasn't "ready"

It's complete b.s, I really don't understand this. My customer has paid me on time every month, but didn't want me cutting grass 3 weeks in a row?

The grass was perfectly fine, he said he was going to lay down some soil, which he did, but places my mower can't even go, only my trimmer. i stopped by every week & shook my head wondering if this guy was crazy.

So today I have a forest of WET grass to mow.... Strange man...

swstout
06-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Today is the 12th day in a row with thunderstorms. Day before yesterday 4 inches of rain, yesterday 2-1/2 inches. Generator working fine.

Forecast for today - waves of thundarstorms probability of rain 90%.

T, F S and S only 10%

Steve

CHEESE2009
06-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Today is the 12th day in a row with thunderstorms. Day before yesterday 4 inches of rain, yesterday 2-1/2 inches. Generator working fine.

Forecast for today - waves of thundarstorms probability of rain 90%.

T, F S and S only 10%

Steve

Holy crap! What's the plan?

:eek:

turfmaster
06-10-2009, 09:56 AM
The worst thing to have to deal with in this business is days of rain in a row.
Especially for mowing. Some properties you have to wait till it drys out good or you'll rut their lawn. Then you have to double cut because it's so long.
I am glad I have help this year!