PDA

View Full Version : New summer ad

ritchiem
06-08-2009, 04:04 PM
This is our new summer ad that I did today. Going to print on Wed.

CHEESE2009
06-08-2009, 04:21 PM
it looks perfect!

Great ad!

turfmaster
06-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Nice ad.
Is that going into a local newspaper?

ritchiem
06-08-2009, 06:07 PM
not the newspaper in a magazine called Mountain Life (http://www.mountainlifemag.ca/)

And thanks for the compliments.

Steve
06-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Richard,

That is very nice.

This goes back to a previous post you made about striping lawns and how they become like your signature properties. Here you are showing them off and making the reader want their lawn to look like THAT!

What is the marketing plan with this ad? Will it be a postcard or is it intended only for the magazine?

What size will you shoot for in the mag and how long do you want it to run?

Also any thoughts on why you chose this magazine over other marketing options?

ritchiem
06-09-2009, 06:29 AM
Richard,

That is very nice.

This goes back to a previous post you made about striping lawns and how they become like your signature properties. Here you are showing them off and making the reader want their lawn to look like THAT!

What is the marketing plan with this ad? Will it be a postcard or is it intended only for the magazine?

What size will you shoot for in the mag and how long do you want it to run?

Also any thoughts on why you chose this magazine over other marketing options?

This ad is just for the magazine and it changes quarterly. It is a 1/4 page ad and goes in Spring, Summer and Fall issues. This magazine has a long shelf life and is local to our tourism areas. It also has a reader base from people with second homes in the Blue Mountain Area. The readers of this magazine meets my demographic perfectly and ships out 25,000 copies.

I have a barter system setup for this magazine as well. We service the publishers home and he gives me ad space. So it all works out very well.

Steve
06-09-2009, 12:59 PM
How have you liked the results from being in that magazine versus other marketing avenues you have explored?

I am guessing many areas will have a similar magazine and this could help another lawn care business owner in experimenting with it.

Also any thoughts on contributing an article to their magazine?