PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Idea

picframer
06-08-2009, 05:25 AM
I mentioned in another post we have cards made up so that if we were driving by your home, noticed a job that needed to be done and it was something we do, we drop a card off, here are a few, I would guess 70% contact us.

As always, give it a try, it might work well for you also, a proactive approach will yield sales.

The back of the card lists all our services, they are a standard post card size, has the website etc.

arthur712
06-08-2009, 10:15 AM
I mentioned in another post we have cards made up so that if we were driving by your home, noticed a job that needed to be done and it was something we do, we drop a card off, here are a few, I would guess 70% contact us.

As always, give it a try, it might work well for you also, a proactive approach will yield sales.

The back of the card lists all our services, they are a standard post card size, has the website etc.

Those are great!!

What about one that says. (Spend your weekends with your family, let us work for you) something like that.

These will work for so many lines of business, I may do somethng like this too!

Thanx!
Artie

Steve
06-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Andy,

As always, you are a marketing genius!

I have a few questions for you. Here you are with these cards in your truck. Who hands these out? Only you or do other employees as well? If it is other employees too, what incentive do they have to do it?

Also how do you go about handing them out? Do you stick them in the mailbox? In the door? Knock on the door and talk? If you talk what advice do you have to start up a conversation with the potential customer?

Last but not least, what is your view of including your picture in your marketing material? With out other friend on this post Artie, who is a realtor as well, I notice most all realtors include their picture. I am guessing it works, whats your take on it on lawn care marketing material?

arthur712
06-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Andy,

I have a few questions for you. Here you are with these cards in your truck. Who hands these out? Only you or do other employees as well? If it is other employees too, what incentive do they have to do it?

Also how do you go about handing them out? Do you stick them in the mailbox? In the door? Knock on the door and talk? If you talk what advice do you have to start up a conversation with the potential customer?

Last but not least, what is your view of including your picture in your marketing material? With out other friend on this post Artie, who is a realtor as well, I notice most all realtors include their picture. I am guessing it works, whats your take on it on lawn care marketing material?

BRANDING IS GREAT!!

You should put your picture on everything. Even if you are as ugly as me.

I get people in all the time telling the see my ugly face everywhere. haha

That how they will reffer you to other people even if they dont know you!

I will attach one of my postcards.

I love branding myself, because what ever I do people will know me!!!!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n200/ctksmom/AdamsonCreekPostCard.jpg

Thanx!
Artie

picframer
06-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Andy,

Hey Steve, Thanks for the kind words, as always greatly appreciated.

These Cards are in every vehicle, any employee can hand them out or if the client is not home we have that sticky tack stuff that doesn't leave a mark, we put it on the entrance door at eye level. What is in it for staff, as I mentioned a few weeks ago, staff that stay with us will receive a bonus at the end of the season, it is based on hours worked, shifts missed etc. It is capped at $3,500 and most who started with me in May will receive this amount.

If the prospect is in the yard, staff or I will simply walk up and say, Hey bud we were driving by and noticed xxxx(lets say pile of top soil), if you are interested we would be happy to spread it for you, we even let you watch from the comfort of your deck and enjoy a cold one, our hourly rate is $xx.xx and if you are interested our owners number is on our card, check our our website when you have time as there may be something of interest, thanks for your time and have a great day" That is it, no selling, just an ice breaker.

Staff are however selling, I have 5 quotes to do tomorrow from them talking to people outside work hours on the weekend.

Personally, not interested it putting my picture on marketing, not sure what the benefit would be, we did try this in the Security business, people didn't seem to care one way or the other.

Andy

picframer
06-08-2009, 06:11 PM
I was thinking about these cards driving home this evening, why do they work so well yet the mail drop of 2,500 we did resulted in nothing, not one call or email and it was a very targeted area.

Then I thought, it works because you are being proactive, you saw something, took notice and the card offered a solution. The prospect is probably thinking, well if they bothered to take notice maybe I will to.

I think the difference between dropping a card at a specific spot vs a mail drop, is as someone put it you are reaching out, not the prospect with mail drops. I think dropping these cards at specific homes is almost a middle ground in marketing, all I know is it works and works well.