PDA

View Full Version : Changing business name...just a bit

Little's
06-07-2009, 12:38 AM
So have been using the name "Little's Tree Works" for a while now. I do a lot of tree services and wish there was enough business to keep me going at it full time, but about half of my work is doing other things. Here is my list of services I am doing regularly:

Tree service
Lawn care
light installs
fertilizing, etc.
gutter cleaning
full yard clean-ups
brush clearing
fire safety clearance
And probably some things I cant think of right now.

So the name I have been using puts me in a category that I do only trees. Since I do any type of work that is in the "Green" industry, I was thinking of changing my name to "Little's Green Works". I guess it's a way of uncategorizing my name.

I have a lady that already designed me a new logo with the new name, I can show it to you later. Shes also making me a bunch of marketing materials. All for trade for my services.
Opinions?

swstout
06-07-2009, 12:44 AM
So the name I have been using puts me in a category that I do only trees. Since I do any type of work that is in the "Green" industry, I was thinking of changing my name to "Little's Green Works". I guess it's a way of uncategorizing my name.

You might consider "Green Services" instead of Green Works. The list the services you offer.

Steve

Steve
06-07-2009, 12:49 AM
How about going the Property Maintenance route? Or outdoor home care, Or outdoor home maintenance? Or yard maintenance?

Little's
06-07-2009, 12:50 AM
You might consider "Green Services" instead of Green Works. The list the services you offer.

Steve
Thanks for the thought. I wanted to keep the name sounding the same, and I dont care for "services" and part of a business name. Sounds kinda blah. Any more ideas?

Steve
06-07-2009, 12:55 AM
Little's All Season Yard Care
Little's All Season Grounds Care
Little's All Season Property Maintenance
Little's Home & Yard Care

Little's
06-07-2009, 12:56 AM
How about going the Property Maintenance route? Or outdoor home care, Or outdoor home maintenance? Or yard maintenance?

Thanks Steve. I thought about all those ideas, but they are so average. I am trying to use a name that stands out a bit and "yard care, property maintenance", etc. is everywhere. Then "outdoor home care, or outdoor home maintenance" added to my name would make it super long.

Since the whole world is going green (including the government) I thought it might be a good idea to use it in my name since all the work I do is green. Now more than ever, people know what "Green" is.
Does that make since?

Little's
06-07-2009, 12:58 AM
I will be the first business in my area with the term Green in my name, but I suspect I wont be the last.

Steve
06-07-2009, 12:41 PM
How about going with your original idea then. Little's Green Works. From what you have said I can see why it would work.

Little's
06-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the replies, taking them into consideration, I think I need to sleep on it for a few nights before I decide what to do.

Steve
06-07-2009, 12:59 PM
How about Little's Industrial Green Works :)

I can't wait to hear what you choose.

SuperiorPower
06-07-2009, 02:51 PM
I can see why you would go with Little's Green Works. That would leave you with minimal change in name and "sound". How about Little's Tree and Green Works? Or Little's Tree and Green? Or something to that effect... Like I said though, Little's Green Works does not sound that bad.

Good Luck,
Eli

Little's
06-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks Eli,
Thats kinda what I was thinking. The name sounds almost the same, but may change their idea of what I do. Opens my channels just a bit.