PDA

View Full Version : The Day in the Life of ______X

CHEESE2009
06-05-2009, 07:22 PM
I think it would be so hilarious & fun for all of us to create a few videos which show us how we all go about running our business.

Imagine it as a television show. You start off with an introduction, speak about your experience, & what you wish to achieve. Show us your equipment, how it works. Cut a few lawns & tell us why you did "this" instead of "that". Film everything that you can. I remember finding a raccoon in a garbage can last year while cutting a lawn. My mowers tire fell off. My partner had diareah. We raced each other, who could finish the front or back of the home quickest. I was even harassed by a dog who kept following me while I was mowing. Fun stuff.

Just an idea. I see so many shows on tv, cooking, renovations, but I think lawn service needs to be up there! Lol. Or at least on youtube for us to have a few laughs. The best thing on t.v is what we can watch & relate to.

My $500.00 camcorder broke, obviously shouldn't have lent it to my girlfriend. But I'll be getting another one soon to film some fun stuff for everyone to watch. Even the little guy should film, I think it would be so cool.

Steve
06-05-2009, 07:27 PM
I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

picframer
06-05-2009, 07:46 PM
I had a client who owns a massive business here in Halifax hire us to do a major project on her new property. The crews started Monday, she was off to Toronto for four days on business, she returned this morning and was on the phone with me at 10, Her words were OMG, I can't believe what your staff has done, you should start a Yard Improvements show.

It was funny and great to hear but then the brain started thinking, why not?

The show could hire companies such as the ones here on the forum, take a yard that is a major mess, send the people away for a week and have them come back, man think of the business that would bring in.

No idea how to go about organizing this, will be a winter research project as I know a few people in the TV industry.

swstout
06-05-2009, 08:01 PM
I had a client who owns a massive business here in Halifax hire us to do a major project on her new property. The crews started Monday, she was off to Toronto for four days on business, she returned this morning and was on the phone with me at 10, Her words were OMG, I can't believe what your staff has done, you should start a Yard Improvements show.

The show could hire companies such as the ones here on the forum, take a yard that is a major mess, send the people away for a week and have them come back, man think of the business that would bring in.

No idea how to go about organizing this, will be a winter research project as I know a few people in the TV industry.

You are getting quite a few research projects for the winter. A laawn care franchise a TV show among others. Why not combine them?

Steve

CHEESE2009
06-05-2009, 08:02 PM

LOL this would be awesome.

The show could be full of competitions & such.

"a wedding is going to take place in 3 hours, your mission is to perfect this lawn the way the customers wants"

We could be graded, judged on performance and time. Overall presentation.

Different companies will ally against others, trade crew, etc. The best workers will form a team & win a prize, mower, golden trimmer lol... with 10,000$ to spend.

Imagine a show where lawn care experts train those who wish to run a company, they are taught & put through hell, every possible situation they must come out perfect.

Horrible customers
horrible lawn layouts
knee high grass
etc

working with caveman equipment, the better you do, the better equipment you are given.

Team vs Team, until the final showdown, a MANSIONS lawn must be maintained, the lawn is divided & must be perfected, team must be lead to do the best they can. lol

I can hear things like;

"My trimmer is out of gas!"

"I need someone to dump the grass!"

"What height am I cutting at?!"

the teams will taunt each other and the finalists who win will a load of equipment with a new trailer & spending money. I dunno.

Lol, who'd team with who on this forum? :O!!!

Little's
06-06-2009, 12:57 AM
Even the little guy should film, I think it would be so cool.

Whats that supposed to mean? Just because my name is Little's doesnt mean I am! haha

CHEESE2009
06-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Whats that supposed to mean? Just because my name is Little's doesnt mean I am! haha

LOL sorry I didn't mean it like that hahah!

Wooo! I want to film... Like showing the struggles of starting a business, advertising and all, dear god....

doug1980
06-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Think they have a show like that already "Desperate Landscapes" Well similar.

CHEESE2009
06-06-2009, 02:16 AM
Think they have a show like that already "Desperate Landscapes" Well similar.

My dream was almost crushed! But the rain wont spill on our parade!

I think we could create something better.

Kinda like "Hells Kitchen" with grass, have any of you seen that show?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/soQBQeTos8M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/soQBQeTos8M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gDmd2K-r_os&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gDmd2K-r_os&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Steve
06-06-2009, 08:40 PM
I have seen that Gordon Ramsey is really a character. I love his show Kitchen Nightmares.

Breeze, just video tape some parts of your day and I am sure they would be a riot.

Little's
06-06-2009, 11:18 PM
I love Hells Kitchen. A spinoff called Hell's Gardens would be great.