PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

mrfrzr
06-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Hello everyone and good day. I'm just getting into starting my own lawn care service and just here looking for tips and advice.

Since it's already June I figure to start next year.

thoughts? What's the best way to get customers?

I'm from Oklahoma City, Edmond actually.

Steve
06-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Hello and welcome to our forum.

Why put off starting your business another year? Why not get started today. This is prime time for the mowing season and there are plenty of customers out there looking for reliable service.

Have you gotten some business cards made up yet? Are you talking with your friends and family about your new business?

arthur712
06-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Welcome to the forum!!

Thanx!
Artie

MikeO
06-07-2009, 04:00 PM
see i did that too last year put it off and put it off then in middle of june i said alright I'll put an ad in the paper had 15 some calls come in. I didnt have the equipment and a few other issues but no its not too late for anything. Id do it because if lets say u get 5 people. well thats 5 people u may have for next year and you'll be thankful u did start. welcome aboard let us know what u decided. im new here too...later

mrfrzr
06-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

I will soon be placing ads in 2, maybe 3 newspapers here in the OKC metro area.

As far as business cards, do I just print up a bunch and put them on doors?

What about realtors and rental companies? Are they a good source for customers?

I'm starting with a 6.75 hp craftsman mower and a craftsman string trimmer that I have been using for years for own yard. I hope to buy better equipment later.

I also plan to do gutter cleaning as well as pressure washing. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks guys !!

arthur712
06-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

I will soon be placing ads in 2, maybe 3 newspapers here in the OKC metro area.

As far as business cards, do I just print up a bunch and put them on doors?

What about realtors and rental companies? Are they a good source for customers?

I'm starting with a 6.75 hp craftsman mower and a craftsman string trimmer that I have been using for years for own yard. I hope to buy better equipment later.

I also plan to do gutter cleaning as well as pressure washing. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks guys !!

Realtors always will need Landscapers! All realtor offices have meeting once a week or month. Buy them lunch for the meeting and they will listen!!

Business card are cheap, you can order a ton of them and put them everywhere!

Dont forget my Outdoor Business Card holders.

Thanx!
Artie

Steve
06-09-2009, 01:39 PM

Also check out the free flyer section. I have flyers in there to promote pressure washing and gutter cleaning. They might help.

Keep us posted on how your ad goes.