PDA

View Full Version : Have I forgotten Anything?

doug1980
06-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Ok I registered my company name, I got a business license, I got a EIN number and waiting on quotes for liability insurance. Is that everything well except getting customers so I can make some money. :)

Steve
06-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Did you open your bank account? So you can start taking payments?

doug1980
06-03-2009, 04:35 PM
No I haven't. Better get on that then.

Steve
06-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Ultimately, my take on it all is this. The most important thing for any business is can it create customers. If it can, everything else will fall into place. If it can't, no amount of planning will save it.

With that in mind, keep up the great work.

jasonw
06-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Did you open your bank account? So you can start taking payments?

Is the bank account at the start that important? I didn't get a business bank account yet. I figured I would wait until I made some money to not only put in it but to make the required minimum to open it.

Steve
06-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Is the bank account at the start that important? I didn't get a business bank account yet. I figured I would wait until I made some money to not only put in it but to make the required minimum to open it.

Well I guess it all depends on how you get started. If you plan on having checks sent to a business name, then yes you need a business account however there is nothing stopping you from starting say 'Joe's lawn care' and having your customers make the checks out to Joe Smith. Then you can deposit the checks made out to you in a personal bank account.

How do you accept payment now?

jasonw
06-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Well Actually I have no clients to accept payment from so I cant answer that but I am set up to receive cash or check in my name of course and website payments and CC via paypal.

Steve
06-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Those are good ways to get going. No doubt.