PDA

View Full Version : 52" Yazoo Kees for sale.

musician/lawnman
06-01-2009, 10:37 PM
The following is a paste of the ad currently running in the local CL. This is the mower that started it all for me!

This is a 52" Yazoo Kees (Mid Max model line). I purchased it brand new in 2007 (almost 2 years ago). It has a 23hp Kohler. 841 hours on it. This is the 1st machine bought to start our company with. Was $7,000 new, + we added $300 full mulch kit (removable if one needed to) + another $280 upgrade to solid rubber front tires (tired of the darn flats!) It has been maintained religiously. Oil changed every 50 hours w/ mobil one full synthetic. Hydro fluid changed 3 times already too. Greased constantly. New battery, deck belt, & just did all the fuel lines & fuel filter last month as the lines were starting to dry rot. Normal wear & paint scratches, no seat tears. There is a black burn mark on the right side spindle gaurd where a spindle burned out last year & the gaurd was heated up by the pully rubbing the underside of the gaurd for about 2 seconds til the blades were shut off. It heated up & burned the paint on the gaurd. The spindles have since been replaced of course. Has a great quality cut, has helped me build a business 200 accounts strong. I cleaned the machine up a bit more than usual to take a few photos to post here but please keep in mind, This machine is going to be out making me money every day until you come get it so hours on it may vary depending on how fast you are to come check this one out. It has 841 on it right now but that will be changing tommorow! Very reliable machine. We currently run it 25-30 stops a day. Included are both the top half of the roll bar & side shute that were removed shortly after purchase (not pictured) , & several sets of mulch blades, & regular straight blade sets for this machine.
Call Chuck (941) 380-3118
Asking $3200 Pick up only or will meet a serious buyer within a reasonable distance. cash, no checks or money orders.

Steve W
06-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Has a great quality cut, has helped me build a business 200 accounts strong.

DAMNNNNN! No wonder I dont have even 80.:D

musician/lawnman
06-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Alright well in all honesty they are not all lawn accounts for one, a few do their own lawn & have me trim & prune, fertilize etc., There are some that are no longer active (though not many) that either moved, dropped for financial reasons, or I dropped them (usually for financial reasons like... they don't pay). Though among the accounts I have are several prop. managment companies where I maintain a number of vacant rentals at any given time.
I am around 150 lawn service stops weekly. 98% of which are residential.
But without this machine, I not have been able to do it so yes,
It has helped me build a business 200 accounts strong!:D

Steve W
06-02-2009, 12:04 AM
I will have to say thats good, real good.
Hope you luck on selling it. And I hope your next machine will treat ya just as good.

Steve W

musician/lawnman
06-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Few more hours on it today...
It's wierd, kinda like when you decide to sell your car so you clean it up really good & then can't figure out why your selling it because it looks & smells better than it did yesterday? I was having 2nd thoughts about selling it today but as it stands, it's still for sale.

CHEESE2009
06-02-2009, 09:10 PM
If only you lived closer... Damn that looks nice.:eek:

justin_time
06-02-2009, 10:27 PM
If only you lived closer... Damn that looks nice.:eek:

Already tried moving him to Canada, Chuck doesn't want to move :p

Steve
06-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Chuck,

What will you be getting to replace this mower?

musician/lawnman
06-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Steve, I am going with another Wright mower. 48" Sentar Sport 19hp Kaw.
I already own one & it's been good. I really like the design so I am buying another just like it. http://www.wrightmfg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=products.view&productid=6AD17810-DFD8-C5C0-D2F1BAF51CA6449E#
The Yazoo has been a great machine too, it's just that it's about a month & half from being out of warranty so if I sell now the new owner can know that it's in good shape & if there were any existing problems (which there aren't) they would still be covered. But they can take their time to go over the machine & check it out, run it for a couple weeks & still be under warranty. If I was in the market to buy a used machine this would be important to me. So I figured better to sell now than wait a few months.

XtreemGreen
06-09-2009, 05:50 PM
I have an original F.D.Kees ZT-Max... Its 10yrs old only 1600hrs.. Its been a fairly decent machine..Only major problem was going through spindles everytime I turned around.. but I got smart.. i bought a set of empty spindles and converted them into greasable.. I havent had to rebuild one in 3 years.. Although I dont mow much right now..

musician/lawnman
06-09-2009, 11:02 PM
These spindles are greasable. This mower has 13 or 14 zerks on it. It's nice to be able to keep everything packed up & greased. You at leased know then that it is lubericated. I bought my new machine friday. I need to take some pics & post the, maybe tommorrow.