PDA

View Full Version : How much did this video cost?! A new zero turn?!

SprinklerRepair
05-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Click it, go ahead, he doesn't bite......

Still gotta do a little refining, but, it pulls leads...

Little's
05-30-2009, 10:48 PM
How much?
Did you get permission from Google to use their name?
What does this have to do with a zero turn?
I wish you would quit spamming this forum.

CHEESE2009
05-31-2009, 02:05 AM
I don't understand?

What do you mean, "A new ZT" ????

SprinklerRepair
05-31-2009, 06:21 PM
How much?
Did you get permission from Google to use their name?
What does this have to do with a zero turn?
I wish you would quit spamming this forum.

I think I've provided enough truly useful content on this site to negate your "spamming" comment.

How much hard earned knowledge have you provided us for free? Probably not much. See, ya gotta be a "giver" as well as a "taker."

Actually, there was a lesson in my post, but you missed it.

If I posted "see my new video" you would not have clicked it. Way boring, like the guys that spend money to put signs on their truck saying "Lawn Care -Residential and Commercial".

Wow, what a marketing pitch! Must have stayed up all night brainstorming that one!

However, when you saw "How much did this video cost?! A new zero turn?!" You clicked it. My headline accomplished it's mission. This is a SEO section of the forum, is it not? Possibly it is a little advanced for you.

As to being sued by Google, that would manna from heaven. I would ride that train all the way to CNN!

However, I won't be that lucky. Search +url:google to find how many sites have the word Google in the URL. I'll save ya some time: 80 million.

Oh, and the "zero turn" thing? I saw that a 50" Troy Built zero turn was 3 grand, similar to what I paid for my new video.

Thanks for stopping by Little. hope you learned something useful.

If you didn't, it's not because the lesson wasn't there.

CHEESE2009
05-31-2009, 06:57 PM
I didn't learn anything from your posts or video.

For sure you've gotten us to click the link. On the Gopherforum, we all support each other & look into whatever anyone has posted, seeing what it is you have to offer. If it wasn't on this forum, I probably wouldn't have clicked it.

And why come on this forum & criticize us for putting signs on our trucks? You will find no justice doing such a thing. I think you are too proud for unknown reasons, & not someone I'd want to do business with.

Coming on this forum, it's better to explain to us how your service works instead of using your marketing strategy on us. If it smells like spam, it probably is.

I don't mean to discourage or upset you. I just don't understand what the point of this topic was about, & if your so brilliant at marketing & whatever it is you do, you have to understand that real people do fail, & try not to get so offended.

In other words, your attempt wasn't a success, you are the provider, not the consumer, so what have you say? You can't throw a fit every time someone doesn't understand or cares about what you have to offer, it's life. Not good business.

I think I've provided enough truly useful content on this site to negate your "spamming" comment.

How much hard earned knowledge have you provided us for free? Probably not much. See, ya gotta be a "giver" as well as a "taker."

Actually, there was a lesson in my post, but you missed it.

If I posted "see my new video" you would not have clicked it. Way boring, like the guys that spend money to put signs on their truck saying "Lawn Care -Residential and Commercial".

Wow, what a marketing pitch! Must have stayed up all night brainstorming that one!

However, when you saw "How much did this video cost?! A new zero turn?!" You clicked it. My headline accomplished it's mission. This is a SEO section of the forum, is it not? Possibly it is a little advanced for you.

As to being sued by Google, that would manna from heaven. I would ride that train all the way to CNN!

However, I won't be that lucky. Search +url:google to find how many sites have the word Google in the URL. I'll save ya some time: 80 million.

Oh, and the "zero turn" thing? I saw that a 50" Troy Built zero turn was 3 grand, similar to what I paid for my new video.

Thanks for stopping by Little. hope you learned something useful.

If you didn't, it's not because the lesson wasn't there.

Little's
05-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Well from my point of view. I see you come on here pitch us your Google Slam stuff and that is what you call contributing. This forum is for people to chat about lawn care and such. If your post is under SEO, well it still doesnt have any sort of lawn care theme behind it except for your name, which you should change to something that fits your style, like maybe...GoogleSpam.

Oh yeah, by the way, if you have to trick people to click on something, well then that is spam.

CHEESE2009
05-31-2009, 07:58 PM
Oh yeah, by the way, if you have to trick people to click on something, well then that is spam.

BOOM!

lol.

Yeah, why not advertise your service for what it is, instead of playing mind games? You can respond that sure, life is all about games... get real, you know what I mean.

If I tell people I mow lawns, I tell them exactly what I do... I don't compare myself to other companies, I let them decide. If they ask why I'm different, I'll respond by saying,

"Well most companies around here have gotten so big, they aren't interested in doing small jobs, or keeping their customers satisfied. My goal is to grow, & to only bite off what I can chew, so I have time to solve problems my current customers have, instead of avoiding them for weeks"

I don't tell them, "Oh well the competition here sucks, I'm better than everyone, if you don't choose me your dumb"

The fact is, everyone has good & bad days, & has the power to turn their business around, no one is perfect, everyone has flaws.

My company is small, we don't offer much because we don't make much...

Big companies have everything, but they are so preoccupied with putting their tools to work then remembering to send out letters of appreciation to their customers. Sure they are successful, but one day I will be possibly more successful. When things start changing, & people we go to the one who supports them the most.

I try my best not to lie, once you lie it'll haunt you & eventually catch up to you. Be straightforward, I'd like to see an honest business become a success at least once!

LAWN MAINTENANCE, a brand new Microwave?!
lol

SprinklerRepair
05-31-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi Breeze 2009.

"I didn't learn anything from your posts or video."

Really? All of them or just this one?

I did a quick search on "website imitator". Maybe Steve can find it for you.

Read it. All of it.

I can't and don't care enough to help you find it.

if you want to jump into the second decade, don't be lazy, find the posts yourself.

With combined views of almost 20,000, some people were learning SEO. It's not just my posts but Richiems and others, that will teach you quite a bit about marketing in 2009.

If you don't get it, no worries. Tow your ball bearing needy trailer all over town and hang door knob flyers.

The world will go on without you.

However, if you aspire to 10 trailers needing ball bearings, and want to get that message from your project manager while you are tuna fishing in the keys, you may want to take notes on the hundreds of SEO posts I've already done.

As to the "truck signs", I'm pointing out the very common failure of most lawn guys to THINK!

You believe that you are in the "Lawn Care" business?

Keep thinking that and you will be a small timer forever.

You, like every other business man, regardless of industry, are in the exact same business.

You are in the ARITHMETIC business. Period.

The "arithmetic" applys to signs, customer service, "spammy blog posts and any other F%^$ marketing skill you can conceive.

So I piss off "little + breezy"? Good.

My WHOLE POINT is to piss off and discourage "Little + Breezy."

Maybe that way you will learn something about SEO.

If you don't, that's on you. The info is here if you want it.

Don't blame me for being good at it.

"don't hate because I'm pretty" You are probaly too young to remember that commercial. It was the most hated commercial ever since the 1960's "Ring around the collar" ad.

Also the most successful since the "collar" ad.

Don't blame me cuz you don't get it.

P.S., thanks for helping me start a fight here. Every time I do I get more traffic :cool:

SprinklerRepair
05-31-2009, 09:04 PM
I almost forgot.

Don't be like "Little + Breezy"! Get sleazy!

definition of "sleazy" = "put down the Bong and read/work and write AD copy that makes you money". (source: Daniel Webster or someone that looks a lot like him)

Steve W
05-31-2009, 09:12 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!
I think I need My Truck painted,,,, Where should I look for a painter??
Local News Paper? Phone book? MY friends advice? NOOO Wait, I GOT IT!!!!
Let me turn on My PC and look on the NET. I know there has got to be millions of painters on there!!!! Just maybe after waisting my time and spending all this $$ on net service I will find on local and they will tell me everything I need to KNOW.
Steve W

CHEESE2009
05-31-2009, 09:19 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!
I think I need My Truck painted,,,, Where should I look for a painter??
Local News Paper? Phone book? MY friends advice? NOOO Wait, I GOT IT!!!!
Let me turn on My PC and look on the NET. I know there has got to be millions of painters on there!!!! Just maybe after waisting my time and spending all this $$ on net service I will find on local and they will tell me everything I need to KNOW.
Steve W

Good point. Everything I need is in the books. Or I can NOT be antisocial & ask around. Internet is great, but doesn't mean everything else is useless!

SprinklerRepair
05-31-2009, 09:28 PM
After I figured out what SWEGA, or whatever that was, means ( 10 seconds on the net) I found your truck painters.

It took you longer to criticize me ( or in my opinion "enunciate" your stupidity) than it took me to fnd your painters:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=Rome+Ga+truck+painter&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=Rome+Ga+truck+painter&aqi=&fp=1mZ_-PL2Zjc

SWEGA BOY 0
SprinklerRepair 1

Try me again "GA smart Guy" here in FL will call that DA

Steve W
05-31-2009, 09:40 PM
After I figured out what SWEGA, or whatever that was, means ( 10 seconds on the net) I found your truck painters.

It took you longer to criticize me ( or in my opinion "enunciate" your stupidity) than it took me to fnd your painters:

Its not SWEGA, ITs SOWEGA. Since you found one in MY area tell me more.
Its like Breeze said, Who could live with you and your bs. Why would I want to spend big $$ with someone like you. You sound to much like a crook.
Maybe your not but to me thats what you sound like.
I would almost bet you have been a used car salesman.
And Your stupidity is to think that the NET. will bring in BIG $$ for a local Lawn Care over Local Advertizing. I like to get on the net. and read and look up info, but when it comes to something local I look elsewhere.
Thank you very much. GOOD DAY!

CHEESE2009
05-31-2009, 09:43 PM

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=Rome+Ga+truck+painter&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=Rome+Ga+truck+painter&aqi=&fp=1mZ_-PL2Zjc

SWEGA BOY 0
SprinklerRepair 1

Try me again "GA smart Guy" here in FL will call that DA

Are you for real? Seriously, you need to stop. For your own good, stop!

Your like a clogged mower, it's useless until you clean out the crap.

CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE! Your being a little girl.

Are you ever wrong? Or are you always right? Maybe your scared of people knowing about your mistakes? Maybe we just don't need your service, can you handle that? It's over, seriously, done. Would you like to spam a little more? Maybe go down the slide one more time before you head on home?

Steve W
05-31-2009, 09:50 PM
I see it now,, He is about to blow a sprinkler head!!!! haha:D

SprinklerRepair
05-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Good point. Everything I need is in the books. Or I can NOT be antisocial & ask around. Internet is great, but doesn't mean everything else is useless!

Hey Breezy, advertising "off line" is fine. Really. It's "part of the package".

Unfortunately most "lawn guys" are horrible at it.

How many "Homer Simpson DUH" moments do you need before realizing the AD space waste of the terms "Residential and Commercial" do you need?

Do you really think, for one damn moment, that any potential client that might be thinking of hiring you will read your sign and think " Well, he didn't specifically say commercial, so even though I was gonna call him about my 90 properties, now I won't"?

I don't like the word Retard and will not use it here. My non-use of this word is not targeted at any or many individuals. Just thought I'd mention the word.

Do not try to come on this forum insinuating that "off line" advertising alone will take you anywhere other than where you already are.

Like I related in other posts ( Breezy, come on, you gotta get up to speed here)
www.nielsen-online.com/ has PROVEN 80% of all service customers check online FIRST before CALLING.

Hey, you wanna be a Luddite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite), that's your personal business.

But quit trying me with your ignorance.

It's tedious.

READ THIS[/URL]. Get back with me when you can speak to me on my SEO level, which after reading my book, you will be able to.

Until then, shut up and learn.

CHEESE2009
05-31-2009, 09:59 PM
I see it now,, He is about to blow a sprinkler head!!!! haha:D

Lol.

I just don't understand people like this. You can't win, they don't see their mistakes or flaws & they keep trying to progress without adjusting their strategy.

Lawn Service lol, who are our best customers? Old folks!
Do old people use the internet, hardly! They are old school & rely on the good old flawless person to person approach. I have no problem doing this, I enjoy it.

A website is great, but what's so horrible about every other way to get noticed? Why do we have to agree with Sprinklerbrain & believe every other method is crap?

He needs to stop pushing this junk on...

He probably needs to pay his internet bill, imagine that? lol

Steve W
05-31-2009, 10:04 PM
I wish uncle JIM was here tonite. :cool:

CHEESE2009
05-31-2009, 10:08 PM
I wish uncle JIM was here tonite. :cool:

I know right! It's perfect!

I got nothing but rain tommorow, I can snooze till 10am lol.

******-

Sprinklerbrain seems to be getting frustrated, poor guy. Hmmm. He is one lost cause, not sure how to help him.

Maybe I should tell him to look up "How not to be a douche-bag" on his almighty internet? I wonder how many results will be found!

Steve W
05-31-2009, 10:17 PM
he can look it up in 10 secs.

CHEESE2009
05-31-2009, 10:20 PM
LOL.

It's a good night tonight. A good night indeed.

:p

SuperiorPower
05-31-2009, 11:29 PM
I don't like the word Retard and will not use it here. My non-use of this word is not targeted at any or many individuals. Just thought I'd mention the word.

Get back with me when you can speak to me on my SEO level, which after reading my book, you will be able to.

Until then, shut up and learn.

I love how you think that calling your target audience "retards", below your "level", and telling them to "shut up" is going to make them see the "sprinklerspam" light. If I ever thought about using you, let me tell you that yu have just turned me off.

Perhaps a proper next step would be to apologize to the many people here that you have offended (most beyond repair. sorry for the pun but maybe you need to repair your interpersonal skills before you repair sprinklers.).

SprinklerRepair
06-01-2009, 05:03 PM
"Da da da DA da - I'm lovin' it"

Got a Mikey Dee bag somewhere in your truck?

Man how do you look yourself in the mirror? They just TRICKED you into buying their product!

How DARE they try to be creative?

If I got carried away by implying that Breezy and Little are inbred short bus window lickers that wouldn't know marketing if it kicked them in the nads with a five pound boot, then I do apologize.

And if I somehow offended any other Luddites that believe their Grandma is not trusting that "damn AOL devil" and that they are living in 1998 instead of 2009, I apologize to them as well.

*** kissing aside, if you don't believe that 80% of ALL (race/creed/age) consumers are NOT using the internet to qualify potential venders than you ARE -

-Hmmmm, whats the word I'm looking for. I don't want to upset people with facts, uh, let's see. I also don't want to impinge on their erroneous pre-conceived ideas and false assumptions that will aggravate their self loathing and initiate blind rage posting at the perceived offender (me)

-Hmmm- what is a good metaphor that helps them to overcome their limitations, yet allows them some dignity in their anonymous forum postings which feeds their sense of safety.....Hmmmmm.

I GOT IT!!!

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't teach it algebra"

Got "Life in 2009 Algebra?"

If you don't, your competition will. Sorry 'bout yer luck '90's guys.

SprinklerRepair
06-01-2009, 06:07 PM
"And why come on this forum & criticize us for putting signs on our trucks?" signed Breezy.

I gotta address this comment as well.

For those whose reading perception/comprehension brought repercussions on their sixth grade report cards and never resolved the issue, for you guys (Breezy) I'll try it again.

THINK. I know it can be difficult for some, but give it a try. It gets easier with practice.

Here in Orlando I see new 2009 F-150's color wrapped with logos, and they waste space saying "Commercial and Residential".

Now, it is POSSIBLE that some of these companies do NOT want commercial clients due to the higher ROI.

They will fade due to the immutable laws of evolution and bank financing.

I do not cut grass, not even my own. I used to. I spent years cutting grass as a "foreman" (kicked dog) and hate the smell of it. I haven't cut grass in more years than most of you have been alive (if you are under 30).

However, if I was FORCED by Chinese Invaders (bankers) to yank pull cords, or worse, "bamboo toe nailed" into driving off line traffic to landscape maintenance salesmen (arguably Satan's Earthly Crew) , I would take this approach.

THINK. I know it's arduous, just stay with me.

This is not great copy, just off the top. How 'bout:

STOP THIS TRUCK! (in red letters) GET A FREE QUOTE!

or

HATE YOUR LAWN GUY? YOU'LL LOVE ME!

or

DEAD GRASS GUARANTEE!

or

HAPPY or 2x YOUR MONEY BACK!

Really. In 30 seconds anybody can do better than (insert drool) "Commercial and Residential".

If you don't "get it", invest in a drool cup. I mean really, "it's all over your shirt and it is just gross."

"Your Grandma want's to show us all the cool knitting needles she just bought online".

CUT IT OUT and just WISE UP. Is it really that hard to use half of your brain?

Quit acting stupid. It hasn't helped you yet.

SuperiorPower
06-01-2009, 07:17 PM
First of all, I have my doubts that you are "tricking" anyone here into your services. And on the same note, I doubt that name calling either Breeze or Little's will bring you any sales.

You brought up McDonald's. Lets talk about McDonald's. You don't even compare to McDonald's. Why not? You mentioned the "Da da da DA da - I'm lovin' it" part of the McDonald's commercial. Let me tell you, the only thing you have in common with the McDonald's commercial is sounding "stupid". That is where you and the McDonald's commercial split ways. The McDonald's commercial lifts up its customers and potential customers as on top of their game. But it NEVER calls their nay sayers "stupid", "luddites", "inbred short bus window lickers", "'90's guys", "horse", "ignorant", "sleazy", "lazy", to "shut up", or refers to them as being out of their time by saying "and that they are living in 1998 instead of 2009". Nope, McDonald's does not creep through gutters like you do. And trust me, you called us all of these things.

And I say again, the only thing you and McDonald's have in common are that both of you sound "stupid". But let me add that at least McDonald's does so with a little more dignity. BTW, I have not called you anything, only your actions.

And just because you are receiving the "attention" of us by us posting comments to your stupid threads does not mean that we or anyone else will be using your services, whether your services are good or not. I am not saying that you are wrong about the services you offer, just in the way you offer them. Your services may be the best in the world but if you run off your customers with defamatory language and behavior, what do you have? The best service in the world, with few customers. I have no idea about your customer base size and don't really care. Let me just make it very clear that I don't do business with folks who call me names.

And in your own words "CUT IT OUT and just WISE UP. Is it really that hard to use half of your brain?" and "Quit acting stupid. It hasn't helped you yet."

SprinklerRepair
06-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Indeed.

I often respond to ignorance with contempt.

It is a character flaw of mine to not accord respect to the ridiculous, and to the purveyors of "dumbness".

As my half hearted, tongue-in-cheek apologies seem to be vetted quickly here for what they are, total Bull ****, let us get to the meat of the issue.

For all the free advice I have laid out in DETAIL in this forum, and in your (not everyone, I'm talking about these 3 responders) non-deserving, unappreciative, non action taking, bonged out, drunk ***, do -it - tomorrow, wait and see, incompetent, inarticulate, way the **** over their heads , small minds, LAPS, I I am repaid by you guys replying to my post.

Mother Teresa would kick you in the nuts if she was still alive.

I'll say it again, and please quote me "Stupid has brought you as far as it can bring you.You may want to try another avenue of success."

Yes, I just called you stupid.

Get your attorney on the phone and sue me, dumbass.

SprinklerRepair
06-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Sorry. I got distracted by posers of clarity.

Want more customers? Don't just read it, do it.

Want me to do it for you? I will. AFTER....

You KNOW what you want

I will not work with just "anybody"

I accept three out of five applicants.

Why so few? Well foremost there are only 4 of us,

but more importantly, FIRST you gotta understand that you Don't understand.

You have to jump off the "ship of fools".

So, don't email or call me until you have read the ENTIRE pdf at least twice.

In fact , when I get time (2012?) I am going to install an Applicant Test, meaning, if you can't score 75% on the SEO test, you would fail the PIA.

What is a PIA? You mean you have not read the free book?

Go read it twice and come back here when you have at the very least a SMALL CLUE of what is being discussed here.

Cheers to Breezy and Little. It's okay, no hard feelings. I'm sure that you can find someone to read it to you, or at least look up the "big words".

Steve W
06-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Dude, What is wrong with you? Is life treating you that bad? Have you lost all respect for others?
Like Eli said: How many future clients do you really think you have won by acting this way? If you have such a good talant for ranking, then why not go somewhere else and advertise it now. I dont owe you a damn thing for anything you have spoken about on this forum. If I want help on a web site and its ranking I sure as hell wouldnt use you after all the mess you have said in just 2 days.
And let me tell ya now. It dont matter to me if you like what I said to you or if you like me, Just leave, Dont leave mad,, Just leave.
Think about it Bud? What have you done with your life?

Steve W

Little's
06-01-2009, 11:41 PM
I have read your posts, one after another calling me names for pointing out the truth, but the only thing I'm going to say is how you're only fooling yourself, everyone on here knows your full of it. I mean, you offer a free download in hopes that people will BUY your Wordpress (http://wordpress.org) website (which I love Wordpress (http://wordpress.org)because it is FREE) and your SEO you SELL is just the ALL in ONE SEO Plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/) (which again I love it because anyone can download it for FREE). Even the Wordpress theme (http://wordpress.org/extend/themes) you offer is free.

If I recall, you sell people this FREE stuff for.....what was it....something like $1000+++

I agree with the other person who pointed out that your like the used car salesman but of the net. "I'll sell you this wonderful 1996 Ford Taurus for $12,000"

CHEESE2009
06-02-2009, 11:21 AM
In fact , when I get time (2012?) I am going to install an Applicant Test, meaning, if you can't score 75% on the SEO test, you would fail the PIA.

What is a PIA? You mean you have not read the free book?

Go read it twice and come back here when you have at the very least a SMALL CLUE of what is being discussed here.

So your customers will have to be as wise as you, in order for them to have business with you? That's pretty flawed.

I can't believe your back on this forum.. This is like a horror movie, the bad guys dead than suddenly he gets back up! HOLY MEALS ON WHEELS BATMAN!

Every time you write, it's like you are bitching. You are a coward when it comes to accepting failure on such a small level.

It's like your trying to sell dog crap cookies, listen to us little girl. Take what lesson we've all taught you, which obviously YOU clearly don't seem to grasp.

Your attitude shows weakness, it's flawed & pathetic. Stop whining & move on. You can't win them all, you can't win them all, you can't win them all... What makes you think that you can?!!! You reach a new low by not moving on. I can expect you to say, "I'm trying to sell myself to a dead dog" so why don't you stop? No one is asking for your advice or service here, take a hike.

I'm trying to imagine your life outside of work.

SprinklerSpam: Honey, you need to get into this, don't be a retard & undress yourself for me now. We aren't in the 90's anymore, stop being a luddite!

SprinklerRepair
06-03-2009, 07:41 PM
You read all 45 pages, and all you took away was "install WP on your own server with the SEO plugin"?

If so, I either failed you by not writing it in Crayon, or you missed 44 and 3/4 pages.

To your despair, after thinking long and hard about ever coming back here to "throw pearls before swine", I have decided to resist the faceless bully's and continue to offer proven, time tested internet (Oh my God, he's talking about marketing again, hide the children) techniques that readers of this forum can put into practice, and use.

Hopefully, the clamor of ignorance will not over ride my main intent to provide actionable techniques to acquire a larger customer base for the MAJORITY of readers.

To my detractors, sorry 'bout yer luck. I look forward to exposing your ridicule for what it really is: bald tires and no money.

Little's
06-03-2009, 09:00 PM
You read all 45 pages, and all you took away was "install WP on your own server with the SEO plugin"?

If so, I either failed you by not writing it in Crayon, or you missed 44 and 3/4 pages.

To your despair, after thinking long and hard about ever coming back here to "throw pearls before swine", I have decided to resist the faceless bully's and continue to offer proven, time tested internet (Oh my God, he's talking about marketing again, hide the children) techniques that readers of this forum can put into practice, and use.

Hopefully, the clamor of ignorance will not over ride my main intent to provide actionable techniques to acquire a larger customer base for the MAJORITY of readers.

To my detractors, sorry 'bout yer luck. I look forward to exposing your ridicule for what it really is: bald tires and no money.

hahahahaha. Go rip people off by selling them some great programming and coding made by other peoples blood sweat and tears that offer it for free. Anyone with half a brain can do what you do.(FOR FREE)
Im done with you and your crooked ways. MY LAST RESPONSE

CHEESE2009
06-04-2009, 09:09 AM

Wow.. PUT IT TO REST! You have got to be the worst salesman ever!

Steve
06-04-2009, 02:35 PM
I think I had jumped in before on this post or others in the past but I figured I should try and help.

First off, I have to say I know very little on what it takes to make a forum work. There are plenty of others who know way more than me.

But when it comes to forums, I think it is all about knowledge and entertainment. It's like a neighborhood bar that has a focus on growing a business. I think Craig knows a lot on the topic of search engine optimization. I think he has a lot of great information to share and he has shared.

If I were to be offering his service, I think I would try to to something that involved more entertaining. Something like a reality show. Where you could tune in and watch someone's business improve over time.

We probably talked about this before but to me that is entertaining. To me nothing would make me want his services more than being able to see him time and time again take a newer lawn care business and work his seo magic to get the business owner's website ringing off the hook.

He did amazing work with his previous websites and he could do it again with others. I think the key is creating constant new entertainment because there are always so many new forum members joining every day.

If there was a continual ongoing saga where we could watch this or that lawn care business owner battler competitors and have their website search rankings improve, it would create something to talk about. It would also create interest.

Over time, all of this would create more and more buzz. I know Craig could sell a lot more of his services if more people were to get excited about it and embrace it for what it is, which is fantastic.

If we were to see over time, him help make business owners more successful, I feel he would have a back log of potential customers just waiting to sign up.

Ultimately what do I know. Maybe his marketing approach is working just fine for him. But I just think it's all about helping, growing and entertaining and if you can do that, you can sell what ever you want because you will have an audience singing praises about you.

What do you think?

Steve W
06-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Ultimately what do I know. Maybe his marketing approach is working just fine for him. But I just think it's all about helping, growing and entertaining and if you can do that, you can sell what ever you want because you will have an audience singing praises about you.

What do you think?

I think your right.
I dont have a web site yet, but I will have in the future. I am on google maps for my area tho.
This has not been a good way for him to get even my thoughts about using him as I dont like to deal with people that thinks they know everything and dont listen to what the customer thinks. Sure I know what I am talking about when it comes to doing a lawn or pc repair, but I am always willing to learn more and if a customer suggest something I am not going to start calling them names or try to make them look stupid for what they said or have done.
I will just help them (in a kind manner) make it right. I might also learn something from what they have done or said and try to use it myself in the future. Because you can always learn more.

Steve W

SuperiorPower
06-04-2009, 11:06 PM
I think I had jumped in before on this post or others in the past but I figured I should try and help.

First off, I have to say I know very little on what it takes to make a forum work. There are plenty of others who know way more than me.

But when it comes to forums, I think it is all about knowledge and entertainment. It's like a neighborhood bar that has a focus on growing a business. I think Craig knows a lot on the topic of search engine optimization. I think he has a lot of great information to share and he has shared.

If I were to be offering his service, I think I would try to to something that involved more entertaining. Something like a reality show. Where you could tune in and watch someone's business improve over time.

We probably talked about this before but to me that is entertaining. To me nothing would make me want his services more than being able to see him time and time again take a newer lawn care business and work his seo magic to get the business owner's website ringing off the hook.

He did amazing work with his previous websites and he could do it again with others. I think the key is creating constant new entertainment because there are always so many new forum members joining every day.

If there was a continual ongoing saga where we could watch this or that lawn care business owner battler competitors and have their website search rankings improve, it would create something to talk about. It would also create interest.

Over time, all of this would create more and more buzz. I know Craig could sell a lot more of his services if more people were to get excited about it and embrace it for what it is, which is fantastic.

If we were to see over time, him help make business owners more successful, I feel he would have a back log of potential customers just waiting to sign up.

What do you think?

If I understand what you are saying I'll have to say I could not disagree with you more. His behavior (SprinklerRepair's) is nothing short of despicable. No doubt he knows a lot more about search engine optimization than I do and probably more than most of us here. But the one thing that we have all been trying to get into his head is that he is treating potential customers wrong. Matter of fact, totally wrong.

Here is how bad it is. I am usually slow when it comes to telling someone publicly that they are wrong or that they made a mistake. I will usually either ignore it or discuss it privately. In this case I did not discuss it privately but I did ignore it for some time. There was a time, back before he started being completely ignorant with us here, that I fully intended to use his services after my website is going. Matter of fact, I told the person who will be doing my website about Gopherforum, telling him to come read Sprinkler's posts. That is how much I believed in him. Let me tell you, I have changed my mind. And it has NOTHING to do with whether I believe Sprinkler to be competent enough to make my website the highest ranked on Google in my area. It has EVERYTHING to do with his attitude. EVERYTHING.

To top it off, I was not too impressed with him taking over someone else's internet traffic with the whole "dothan lawncare caper". If he would have told the real Dothen Lawncare" what he intended to do and that in the end everything would be turned over, that would have been different. That is totally uncalled for, unacceptable, unethical, unprofessional, and everything else that a business should not be. Legal? perhaps. Acceptable? NO!! If that had happened to me I would probably gone and found him and personally kicked his butt or bashed his head in. It is not cool.

And no part of his stupid ranting, name calling behavior is even remotely to be considered entertainment.

I know Craig could sell a lot more of his services if more people were to get excited about it and embrace it for what it is, which is fantastic.

At this point I have no desire to see his business grow. But let me tell you, it is not my fault, Little's fault, Breeze's fault, nor is it the fault of any one else on this forum (other than Sprinkler's own fault) that he does not have more business. Without a doubt he could have a lot more business if his tactic's were different. It is almost like he is desperate to get more business and this is the result: he treats all his potential customers like dirt. With that being said, a quote by 'Police Chief Grady' from the movie "Super Troopers" comes to mind "Desperation is a stinky cologne".

Either way, I no longer have any intentions of using his services. Perhaps his marketing is working for him. Or perhaps he needs to re-evaluate them. Oh, and the whole part about "qualifying" his potential customers is nothing but a sales gimmick. I have seen this ploy explained and demonstrated in sales seminars. Let me tell everyone here, don't fall for his stupidity. And sure don't fall for his unethical, unprofessional, unacceptable, ........ well you get the point. The next time you speak to him, tell him he lost at least one customer. And contrary to what he may tell you, this hurts him more than it does me.

I stand by that,
Eli

Steve
06-05-2009, 12:16 AM
The fact that you disagree with me so much I think goes to show how much this particular marketing angle has effected you. And obviously not in a happy way.

It's something we can all learn from.

It is quite possible that certain marketing messages become a distortion that take away from the potential marketing message.

The viewer ultimately isn't able to absorb what is really going on because there is too much noise in the message.

On one side it makes me think of watching the WWE wrestling shows. Where it's always the bad guy that yells and taunts the crowd who gets the most attention. It never seems to be the nice guy. So in that realm, the taunting actually attracts more attention.

Then I think about how for a while television was full of daytime talk shows that had outrageous topics. The more outrageous you got, the more attention you would get and the higher your ratings would be. Then there was a shake up and out of all that it was Oprah who took the high road and took the top ranked spot. She became a billionaire.

So when you market a product, you have to weigh this all out and balance it out in your mind.

I am very glad we are having this discussion.

Steve W
06-05-2009, 12:55 AM
hahaha! I now what you are saying its kinda like the ice cream truck playing gheto music. BUT WOULD HE PLAY IT WHILE NOT IN THE GHETO?
MAYBE?
By the way they do have gheto music for icecream trucks

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDElpLuSVVk&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDElpLuSVVk&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SuperiorPower
06-05-2009, 03:17 AM
The fact that you disagree with me so much I think goes to show how much this particular marketing angle has effected you. And obviously not in a happy way.

It's something we can all learn from.

It is quite possible that certain marketing messages become a distortion that take away from the potential marketing message.

The viewer ultimately isn't able to absorb what is really going on because there is too much noise in the message.

On one side it makes me think of watching the WWE wrestling shows. Where it's always the bad guy that yells and taunts the crowd who gets the most attention. It never seems to be the nice guy. So in that realm, the taunting actually attracts more attention.

Then I think about how for a while television was full of daytime talk shows that had outrageous topics. The more outrageous you got, the more attention you would get and the higher your ratings would be. Then there was a shake up and out of all that it was Oprah who took the high road and took the top ranked spot. She became a billionaire.

So when you market a product, you have to weigh this all out and balance it out in your mind.

I am very glad we are having this discussion.

Ok, perhaps we can look at it this way. I have a small engine shop in your area. You walk in with your walmart mower. I start calling you a luddite, stupid, know nothing, "non-deserving, unappreciative, non action taking, bonged out, drunk ***, do -it - tomorrow, wait and see, incompetent, inarticulate, way the **** over their heads , small minds, LAPS," stupid", "inbred short bus window lickers", "'90's guy", "horse", "ignorant", "sleazy", "lazy", tell you to "shut up", or refer to you as being out of your time by saying that you "are living in 1998 instead of 2009" with your mower that was well maintained and by none other than me. I walk over to the most expensive mower that we have and tell you to get your a** on this mower and pay me the price for it.

I tell you that you have absolutely no mower sense and again reiterate that you are a luddite, stupid, know nothing, "non-deserving, unappreciative, non action taking, bonged out, drunk ***, do -it - tomorrow, wait and see, incompetent, inarticulate, way the **** over their heads , small minds, LAPS," stupid", "inbred short bus window licker", "'90's guy", "horse", "ignorant", "sleazy", "lazy", tell you to "shut up", or refer to you as being out of your time by saying that you "are living in 1998 instead of 2009" and that if not for me you would not know how to shovel your cereal in your big gapping hole that you call a mouth. I tell you that were it not for me you would not even know how to "think" of a mower. Now, are you going to buy the "Grass Slam" mower from me? After I just called you multiple foul names in front of other potential customers? What's further, do you expect my other "potential customers" to stick around for their turn? Not hardly. They will walk out of my store faster than they walked in. And so will you. And you will tell your friends about that guy that just acted like you knew nothing and treated you like dirt. Oh, and by the way, I wanted to charge you $1000 for "services" that are available to you for free..................... You will remember this won't you.

Now there are a number of people this may work on. In the Ghetto. But I happen to not be in the Ghetto. But in real life I DO work in the ghetto everyday. But I don't talk like them and they still respect me. Even with that being said, the people in the Ghetto prefer to be treated nice. They may listen to their ghetto music, but whether I play it or not has nothing to do with me calling them names. They will not come back if I start calling them names and telling them that are "dirtbags" and "douches" even though in my mind, they may be. Matter of fact, go down to the ghetto and call them that and see what happens. You may want to have an ambulance and the police close by while you do this. Trust me on this one.

Not calling your customers a bunch of names is essentially "business 101". I believe your perspective is wrong (yes, its more than me just disagreeing with you, I believe you are dead wrong here) when it comes to the WWE reference. They buy the wrestlers products and like him because he is fighting and you would expect a fighting person to be a bad boy (or girl). In marketing internet services, website services, or lawn mowers you are not supposed to look and act like a WWE wrestler.

I have read numerous books and articles about marketing and specifically the type that we are discussing (not the WWE marketing). All of the articles and books agreed, treat your customers nice. PERIOD. Plus, let me say this, even if the ghetto-ites liked being called all kinds of names by someone who does live in the ghetto, they will not accept it by those outside the ghetto. For example, try telling them to their face that they are living in the ghetto and that the are nothing but ghetto trash and see where that gets you besides the hospital or the funeral home. My point being is that if you are trying to sell someone something you gotta treat them with respect.

Ask any of the lawn care guys here if they would dare treat their customers like this? I would think not. And I personally would like to think that sprinkler's behavior is not the kind of behavior that most of the members on this forum can appreciate and will cater to. I have to deal with demographics daily and would tend to believe the demographics here are not in favor of being called names to attract their business.

I am positive that I know less about how to run a forum than you do Steve, but let me tell you, if this was my forum, he would not have made more than 2 post like he did without being gone. But I suppose that it is all in the image you want for your forum. I have been a member (and still am) of numerous forums but one thing that all of hem had in common is anything inflammatory to anyone except spammers meant a quick escort to the proverbial "docks" at night. The docks where you don't come back from. Where the sharks are and know the taste of blood. You did not come back from those proverbial "docks".

I know that sometimes "controversy" brings attention, but that works best in a setting where expect controversy. Like in a WWE ring. I tend to think this is not a WWE ring. Nor a WWE look like/act like forum. Nor that type of atmosphere. Try pulling the WWE stunt in walmart. Not going to happen.

This is NOT a "marketing ploy" by Sprinkler, it is an angry tangent where he went off the deep end. Again, it is not a marketing ploy, it is a marketing mistake. He simply got angry that the other forum members here were not jumping on his ship left and right. Look back at others who have done the same thing that he just did. They are seldom back. They got angry and called the forum members names and left because the forum members were not buy the "local ad link" adds from him...... It was not a marketing ploy, it was what my parents would have called "loosing his temper". As far as sprinkler, let me tell you again, I intended to use his services eventually. I believe that he knows what he is doing with SEO. My site is not up and running yet so I have no way to use his services at the moment. But now, when my site gets up and running, I will find his competitor and use them. He has lost a sale. He has run me out of his store. My reaction has nothing to do with his performance at SEO, rather his mistake of marketing response. PERIOD. Did I reply with an anger outburst? What do you expect when you call a normal person names? It is a perfectly normal response. Buy from someone that calls you names is NOT a perfectly normal response. Remember I work in Law Enforcement and see the results of calling people names.....

So I will have to respectfully say, I totally disagree with you and believe you are dead wrong with your approach to this. Again, marketing 101 tells you to not treat your customers like this.

Sorry for being long on the tooth.

Respectfully,
Eli

Steve W
06-05-2009, 04:07 AM
Now there are a number of people this may work on. In the Ghetto. But I happen to not be in the Ghetto. But in real life I DO work in the ghetto everyday. But I don't talk like them and they still respect me. Even with that being said, the people in the Ghetto prefer to be treated nice. They may listen to their ghetto music, but whether I play it or not has nothing to do with me calling them names. They will not come back if I start calling them names and telling them that are "dirtbags" and "douches" even though in my mind, they may be. Matter of fact, go down to the ghetto and call them that and see what happens. You may want to have an ambulance and the police close by while you do this. Trust me on this one.

Not calling your customers a bunch of names is essentially "business 101". I believe your perspective is wrong (yes, its more than me just disagreeing with you, I believe you are dead wrong here) when it comes to the WWE reference. They buy the wrestlers products and like him because he is fighting and you would expect a fighting person to be a bad boy (or girl). In marketing internet services, website services, or lawn mowers you are not supposed to look and act like a WWE wrestler.

I have read numerous books and articles about marketing and specifically the type that we are discussing (not the WWE marketing). All of the articles and books agreed, treat your customers nice. PERIOD. Plus, let me say this, even if the ghetto-ites liked being called all kinds of names by someone who does live in the ghetto, they will not accept it by those outside the ghetto. For example, try telling them to their face that they are living in the ghetto and that the are nothing but ghetto trash and see where that gets you besides the hospital or the funeral home. My point being is that if you are trying to sell someone something you gotta treat them with respect.

Hey, I did not agree with that name calling SEO.
And as far as the ghetto icecream music,, well I am thinking (for real) about building a icecream truck. I like trying to make $.
And look at it this way, hahahaha!!!! if the lawn bizz gets down and making no profit I will start pulling my lawn trailer with the icecream truck!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!! Now I bet that would turn some heads!:cool:

CHEESE2009
06-05-2009, 06:14 PM
And as far as the ghetto icecream music,, well I am thinking (for real) about building a icecream truck. I like trying to make $.
And look at it this way, hahahaha!!!! if the lawn bizz gets down and making no profit I will start pulling my lawn trailer with the icecream truck!!!!!

Dude, that is awesome.

SuperiorPower
06-05-2009, 07:59 PM

Lol!! I saw an ice cream truck today and I could not keep from thinking about you! I thought to myself, there goes Steve W!!

SprinklerRepair
06-07-2009, 04:23 PM
I will admit, after a few too many Bass Ales, my skin gets a little thin.

People starting out calling me a "spammer" because I wrote a thread headline that caused them to click it, does tend make me throw the Fire Bomb back at them, and it goes down hill from there.

If I ever wrote a headline that caused someone to click it, and they didn't understand why they clicked it, GOOD! And you thought I would apologize for that? Never. Wake up guys, that is called a "click through rate". That is marketing.

"Well, I'm too pure and wondrous to EVER stoop so low as to be creative and use my brain to make people call me". That's cool. Wash my boat, I always tip.

Sarcasm aside, I know I am offensive and combative in Fire Bomb rejoinders. And I also know that on Digg ALL the top read posts start with a negative headline.

Don't want to use my services? No sweat. Do I turn down clients? Every week. Can YOU do what I do?

Absolutely!

It is a little more involved than "Dude, anybody can install an SEO plugin, Uhh, Duh, Huh, "Got 'im on dat one, duh-huh" (insert knuckle dragging sound through the dirt).

Dammit, I did it again. Sorry.

My free book tells you exactly what to do. Do what I say, the way I tell you to do it, and you will rank highly. Period.

My clients hire me for one reason. They do not have the TIME to implement the outlined strategies.

Do I have more subtle and involved tactics that I use for my clients and DON'T put in the book? Of course.

In the book I give you a plow, I don't give away the farm.

To the aggrieved and inconsolable parties, out of there minds by being called "luddites", I offer this sincere apology: get over it.

I have.

Steve
06-07-2009, 04:31 PM
There are many ways to market and you have your own unique style. From time to time, I offer my suggestions, but what do I know? Nothing more than I know.

I like learning from everyone here and over time they have helped me learn how to better interact.

Ultimately you gotta be you and do your own thing. Your style does stand out and you are very helpful with your insights.

SprinklerRepair
06-07-2009, 05:32 PM
There are many ways to market and you have your own unique style. From time to time, I offer my suggestions, but what do I know? Nothing more than I know.

I like learning from everyone here and over time they have helped me learn how to better interact.

Ultimately you gotta be you and do your own thing. Your style does stand out and you are very helpful with your insights.

And you are too nice to say it Steve, but in spite of all my other incredibly fantastic personal qualities, Roman Statue like physique and Hollywood good looks, and my almost "Mother Teresa" like penchant for helping others achieve their goals, I can also be an a## ho##in the first degree to my detractors.

You know who really likes me? My clients. Well, maybe not me personally, but they do like my results, and that's good enough for me. As to my detractors, we do not frequent the same black tie parties or "tractor pulls" so I guess I can live with the haters.

Here is an unsolicited email from someone who downloaded my PDF. Believe it, don't believe it, but I will be using his in-grammatically correct email (like I'm one to talk) on my site.

"I dont know if you need any testamonials. But I just used some of the free SEO information provided on your **********.com site and on google I placed in the 1st page under 3 different terms for my website I just started promoting and just built within the last week! What a great source of information! Thank you again!"

As far as I am concerned, that negates all the haters.

I'll think about choosing a new "guinea pig" from your readership to prove (third time) that what I say works, to provide an "entertaining format" in which to promote my services.

Maybe I'll use something like "on page 37 of the free download what do I say in the third sentence of the fourth paragraph". Any one who answers correctly will have their email printed on a piece of paper and I'll let my dog Nathan choose by barking the loudest at the winner."

I'll have to think about this for a little bit, because a option #1 costs ME $400 in cash. No business that I'm aware of is pure profit. I have employees and expenses.

But, just from a sticking it to the haters standpoint, I'm probably in.

musician/lawnman
06-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Not exactly sure here, because the pages aren't broken into typical formal paragraphs... but I believe you mean
"That covers one full year of
optimization and site tweaking, plus lots and lots of
videos/podcasting/bookmarking/blogging/articles/mini-sites, etc."

Unless of course you are not counting the cover sheet as a page?
In which case I interpret the answer to your questions as "Iíve proven it works in real time."

SprinklerRepair
06-08-2009, 06:59 PM
The whole thing is in re-write.

Some emails said "it's too complicated".

Some emails said "I knew all that, give me more details"

So, that means (sigh), setting up chapters and headlines and headaches.

I type with one finger, and "voice to text" software is like cell phones in the 80's. I.E., they don't work.

How do I put out so much content if I can't type? Easy. I pay for iI. ( not the PDF, that was blood) . If you've read the PDF, you know what I mean, the site I mention writes articles for $6. Then I tweak them to suit my needs.

But the PDF can't be outsourced cuz it's all in my head, in my logs, and not on the net. Only I can write what has worked for me.

I'm still thinking about it (contest). With so many "fire bombs" thrown my way, I have to reconsider if there are enough people here that want my continued tips and input on Google/Yahoo/MSN ranking.

If not, that's cool. Haters don't hurt my pocket. Believe it or not, I'm only here fighting with haters because I saw so much out-dated SEO info on the site, and I thought I could HELP.

As to the "Dothan Lawn Care" that revved up so much hate, I will re-state my position:

ANY keyword on the net is mine if I'm good enough to take it. If you are #1 for "memphis lawn care", and someone pays me to take your keyword and hand it to them, sorry 'bout your luck.

Just in case you missed it: ANY keyword on the net is mine if I'm good enough to take it.

Even Breezy and Little (most RECENT haters) can ask me to look at their sites and I'll respond. I may throw a verbal elbow at 'em, but I would help them. Even the "Dothan Lawn Care" guy asked my advice and I helped him. He even volunteered a testimonial for me. So much for the DLC haters.

I got 2 weeks in the Keys coming up. I'll be A-OK without "gopher love". Actually, "gopher love" looks kinda gross in print.. FISH ON!!!

Little's
06-09-2009, 02:13 AM
Even Breezy and Little (most RECENT haters) can ask me to look at their sites and I'll respond.

Dont count on it. If I wanted a **** talking smack at me, Id go to the local adult bookstore and pick up a *** mag. I'll pass.

SprinklerRepair
03-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Hey y'all.

Long time no see. There is so much love for me floatin' around here that I just had to respond to this last post as I was going through some old posts trying to figure out where I left off.

The old haters don't have to read or take my advice, but I bet new, younger readers would think "what that guy said makes sense."

I never saw this last post by Breezey saying I "sell" the Word Press SEO plugin.

I highly recommend it, and advocate that if you use it it to send the developer a donation (like I have), but I do not "sell" it. Nor do I "sell" Word Press. There is little advantage in selling something like Word Press. "Selling" Word Press would be like selling air, it's already free.

But I am a salesman and I give away free info here attached to an agenda. As do many.

I do sell info on how to rank #1 for "chicago lawn care" on Google (with or without quotes.) BTW, live thousands of miles away from Chicago. I ranked it #1 just to show how its done as an example.

Or how to rank for super competitive terms like "lawn care business." Yes I know, I'm only #2, but the guy that's #1, Patrick? He calls me for ranking advice on his other websites. He even pays me to rank his other sites. We get along great.

psparaco
03-07-2010, 11:58 PM
ok i read this whooooollle thread and i have to chime in. i could careless if i ranked #1 or 1 million. 99% of society. those who hire a lawn care company are those who do not have the time to maintain their yard themselves OR are too old to walk more than 5 feet without getting winded. My grandmother DOES NOT use the internet NOR have a desire. She is 97 years old. I know ALOT of senior citizens who utilize my services. i clicked on ur googlespam , slam kazaam bs and it looked retarded to me. Reminded me of an amway convention slideshow. the number one key to advertising is word of mouth. not what rank my site is during a search on the net. for one if ur on the net at work for something other than your work. you have no business being on it. whats the first thing a home owner does when they come home from work. walk in. check the mail. check their voicemails. sort thru the bills, advertisements for grocery store sales. things need may be interested in. then flip on the tv. if you can post ur lawn care ad on so on demand that might work but put a flyer in their mailbox. put a door hanger on their door. they dont open their door with keyless entry like a car. they will either do 1 of 3 things with ur flyer. 1. toss it in the trash without reading it. 2. put it on the table and forget they put it there until they come across is 2 weeks later when they really need their grass cut and dont know who to call. 3. file it or stick it on their fridge as a reminder to call you when they NEED your services. last year i was hired by 25 clients. oh how did i do this you ask. was it by the internet search engines. nope. newspaper. nope. wrong again. i walked around and looked to those who looked like they needed a lawn care guy. i only put out 80 flyers to select addresses and i landed 25 clients. thats a 30% return on investment. everyone on here preaches oh your lucky if you get 1-2%. depends on the audience you market to. this year i have hand selected 325 addresses to receieve my flyer. i'll take the 1% which is 3 clients. If i manage to gain 30% holy hect. i'll have close to 100 clients. will i turn away anyone. nope. just hire a helper(s) when the workload requires it. and this is all done by not hey i ranked #1 on google. who cares. i use the net for research only and of course social networking with friends i've known all my life, which btw 1 hired me from asking what i did for a living and asked if i coudl service their yard. very rarely do i market my services on it. the net is for research, games, friends to chat. that about it. so sprinkler dude. have fun with your amway thinking. i'll stick to my 30% return on investment. like someone once told me. ITS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW. ITS WHO YOU KNOW. the more people you know and know what you do. the more word of mouth advertising which btw is also FREE there is for your business. you can take that opinion however you like.

SuperiorPower
03-08-2010, 12:52 AM
ok i read this whooooollle thread and i have to chime in. i could careless if i ranked #1 or 1 million. 99% of society. those who hire a lawn care company are those who do not have the time to maintain their yard themselves OR are too old to walk more than 5 feet without getting winded. My grandmother DOES NOT use the internet NOR have a desire. She is 97 years old. I know ALOT of senior citizens who utilize my services. i clicked on ur googlespam , slam kazaam bs and it looked retarded to me. Reminded me of an amway convention slideshow. the number one key to advertising is word of mouth. not what rank my site is during a search on the net. for one if ur on the net at work for something other than your work. you have no business being on it. whats the first thing a home owner does when they come home from work. walk in. check the mail. check their voicemails. sort thru the bills, advertisements for grocery store sales. things need may be interested in. then flip on the tv. if you can post ur lawn care ad on so on demand that might work but put a flyer in their mailbox. put a door hanger on their door. they dont open their door with keyless entry like a car. they will either do 1 of 3 things with ur flyer. 1. toss it in the trash without reading it. 2. put it on the table and forget they put it there until they come across is 2 weeks later when they really need their grass cut and dont know who to call. 3. file it or stick it on their fridge as a reminder to call you when they NEED your services. last year i was hired by 25 clients. oh how did i do this you ask. was it by the internet search engines. nope. newspaper. nope. wrong again. i walked around and looked to those who looked like they needed a lawn care guy. i only put out 80 flyers to select addresses and i landed 25 clients. thats a 30% return on investment. everyone on here preaches oh your lucky if you get 1-2%. depends on the audience you market to. this year i have hand selected 325 addresses to receieve my flyer. i'll take the 1% which is 3 clients. If i manage to gain 30% holy hect. i'll have close to 100 clients. will i turn away anyone. nope. just hire a helper(s) when the workload requires it. and this is all done by not hey i ranked #1 on google. who cares. i use the net for research only and of course social networking with friends i've known all my life, which btw 1 hired me from asking what i did for a living and asked if i coudl service their yard. very rarely do i market my services on it. the net is for research, games, friends to chat. that about it. so sprinkler dude. have fun with your amway thinking. i'll stick to my 30% return on investment. like someone once told me. ITS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW. ITS WHO YOU KNOW. the more people you know and know what you do. the more word of mouth advertising which btw is also FREE there is for your business. you can take that opinion however you like.

I tend to completely agree with you as I am sure you noticed with my last post.

Oh, and whats wrong with free family photos?!?!?! lol

ritchiem
03-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Let the Saga continue...

Stating that our clients don't use the internet is ignorant. I receive about 75% of all my new leads from my website.

And as for Craig...he is a jerk...and he likes it, and he probably doesn't even mind me saying it. But he is accurate with a lot of what he says.

I am not a fan of his sales pitch, nor his comebacks. But again you cannot ignore the internet and how it works, Craig does know how to manipulate it to go in your favor. This is not a testimonial by any means, but I have learned to accept it.

SuperiorPower
03-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Ritchie, that is a good point about getting customers via the internet. However, I suppose that depends almost completely on the clientele you are getting or the area you are working in. There are parts of the world where most residents are "technically challenged". I don't mean that in a derogatory way but rather I simply mean that they simply don't know much about computers or the internet and really could care less if they know anything about it. They simply don't want to be involved with the internet.

There are a lot of middle aged and above people who don't want to know anything about the internet. They still use the phone book. I know that personally, word of mouth is my absolutely best form of advertisement. Any other advertising has brought me very poor returns (typically not even enough to pay for the advertisement). This I contribute a lot to the type of community and clientele. My area is a very LOYAL community. If you treat your customers right they will be very loyal to you and thus I am having a bit of a problem "stealing" them from their current shop. People are not that easily swayed with advertisements. Do I believe internet works in some places? YES! I do think its a great idea to have an internet presence? Absolutely! But I also believe that its effectiveness depends on your area and clientele.

picframer
03-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Ritchie, that is a good point about getting customers via the internet. However, I suppose that depends almost completely on the clientele you are getting or the area you are working in. There are parts of the world where most residents are "technically challenged". I don't mean that in a derogatory way but rather I simply mean that they simply don't know much about computers or the internet and really could care less if they know anything about it. They simply don't want to be involved with the internet.

There are a lot of middle aged and above people who don't want to know anything about the internet. They still use the phone book. I know that personally, word of mouth is my absolutely best form of advertisement. Any other advertising has brought me very poor returns (typically not even enough to pay for the advertisement). This I contribute a lot to the type of community and clientele. My area is a very LOYAL community. If you treat your customers right they will be very loyal to you and thus I am having a bit of a problem "stealing" them from their current shop. People are not that easily swayed with advertisements. Do I believe internet works in some places? YES! I do think its a great idea to have an internet presence? Absolutely! But I also believe that its effectiveness depends on your area and clientele.

You nailed it, even though we have first page ranking on every keyword for our services, 14,000 visits last year, I would guess less than 10 percent of our inquiries come from the website and of those I noticed the vast majority were under the age of 50.

This isn't due to the lack of availability of high speed internet, our entire province is connected.