PDA

View Full Version : How should I go about starting????

brian77833
05-29-2009, 05:18 AM
So here's the plan, with this years tax money I'm planning on starting a lawn care business. I have no equipment and will not have anything until I receive my tax money. So that means when I start advertising for accounts during later winter should I advertise like I have everything? It's looking like I'm getting pretty close to $10,000 back after talking to a few people. Getting everything should be no problem once the check comes in the mail. What do all of you think would be a good plan. Thanks for the feed back

turfmaster
05-29-2009, 08:15 AM
So here's the plan, with this years tax money I'm planning on starting a lawn care business. I have no equipment and will not have anything until I receive my tax money. So that means when I start advertising for accounts during later winter should I advertise like I have everything? It's looking like I'm getting pretty close to $10,000 back after talking to a few people. Getting everything should be no problem once the check comes in the mail. What do all of you think would be a good plan. Thanks for the feed back

If I were you I would start out with a good used newer walk behind preferably with a hydro transmission 48" deck.
Then I would add a solid 21" like a toro for smaller properties.
I would buy a brand new trimmer and blower like a Stihl or Echo.
Get at least a 6x12 trailer you will not regret that!
I wouldn't blow the whole $10 grand right away .
You can always buy a used ZTR down the road.
See how your business takes off first.
Generally it takes a couple years to build a good base of customers.
You should find good deals on equipment during the winter.
Check dealers in your area for demoes.
Just make sure you buy commercial equipment not hardware store equipment.

TURF :D

Steve
05-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi Brian,

Welcome to our forum.

What kind of equipment are you looking to start with?

brian77833
05-29-2009, 12:13 PM
This site is great!!! I'm looking to get a used mower preferably a zero turn rider, but I have thought about a walk mower to start out with. If I can find a good deal on a used trailer that's in good shape that would work fine for me. All the other smaller equipment I'm going to buy new. As far as a truck goes the very most I wanna spend is 4k-5k, I don't want something that is going to break down. I was thinking about a Ram 1500 or even a dakota with a V8.

Steve W
05-30-2009, 12:08 AM
Welcome to the site.
You will learn alot here if you take the time to read the post. There are some very smart thinkers here and dont mind to share the thoughts.
And as far as the your big mower goes, I would get a walk behind to start with. I wish I would have now. But I will get one soon.
And what I have learned about the Dodge 1500s is make sure you check out the tranny. Thats is the weak point.

Steve W