PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Envy

andyjoneslawncare
05-27-2009, 08:40 AM
My mom sent me this. It looks like something to put on your website with the words "We won't let this happen to you!" I thought of you guys right away. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71IZf4ozJnE

CHEESE2009
05-27-2009, 09:22 AM
seems like a sociopath to me....

Like this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zijRtrPSaTI

Steve
05-27-2009, 10:30 AM
It looks like someone took a lot of time to make that!

andyjoneslawncare
05-27-2009, 12:58 PM
It looks like someone took a lot of time to make that!

Yeah, but then again, I'm the one wasting all this time looking at it! I also found this video of you on your mower. At least I think its you! ;) Just another day at work, huh Steve? Its good to get an inside look at your typical day out on the job, I'm just wondering why you never posted this anywhere. Hmm... Alright, I need to get out and be productive for the rest of the day! I hope this gives you a good laugh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNPxIibhcKY

SuperiorPower
05-27-2009, 09:21 PM
seems like a sociopath to me....

Like this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zijRtrPSaTI

Scott, sometimes I worry about you!! Only you would find a movie like that!

I thought it was kind of amazing how the youtube viewers were discussing which was the better business card.......lol

swstout
05-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Scott, sometimes I worry about you!! Only you would find a movie like that!

I thought it was kind of amazing how the youtube viewers were discussing which was the better business card.......lol

Scott,

I think you have entirely too much time on your hands. Market and grow. Get enough business and hire employees that you can check on while they make money for you!

Steve

CHEESE2009
05-27-2009, 10:52 PM
I sent out my new referral system to my current customers, hoping they would be more interested in helping me out.

My city is being attacked my weeds, & most lawns now consist of dirt and thatch... I want to attack lawns with spray before they start looking like most of them. But I need guidance & tips.

How many gallons of Natures Lawn spray can cover 2000 sqft? Or do you mix a small amount with water? what's the ratio?

swstout
05-27-2009, 11:10 PM
I sent out my new referral system to my current customers, hoping they would be more interested in helping me out.

My city is being attacked my weeds, & most lawns now consist of dirt and thatch... I want to attack lawns with spray before they start looking like most of them. But I need guidance & tips.

How many gallons of Natures Lawn spray can cover 2000 sqft? Or do you mix a small amount with water? what's the ratio?

Mixture
Weed control 32oz per gallon water
Nature's Magic 4oz per gallon water
Aerify 1 oz per gallon
Fertilizer 12 oz per gallon water

1 - 2 gallons misture per 1,000 sq ft

Any combination can be mixed together and applied in one spraying.

Steve

CHEESE2009
05-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Thanks Steve!

Can't wait to advertise this stuff. Hope it sells well!

Does it actually work well?:rolleyes:

I'll believe it if you guys say so, too expensive to test it myself.

swstout
05-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Thanks Steve!

Can't wait to advertise this stuff. Hope it sells well!

Does it actually work well?:rolleyes:

I'll believe it if you guys say so, too expensive to test it myself.

Not that expensive when you break it down.
Cost per 1,000 sq ft:
Natures Magic - $1.45
Aeriify - $0.88
Fertilizer - $4.34
Weed - $8.88

For Nature's Magic, Aerify, and Fertilizer I get $34.00 per 1,000 sq ft. Material cost is $6.67.

Steve

CHEESE2009
05-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Fantastic!

Another question, if you've bought it off their website;

1. How long did it take to receive your order?
2. Who pays for shipping?
3. Am I able to use paypal or must I use my credit card?
4. Tell all about your business success with this product :P

Thanks a ton!

swstout
05-28-2009, 01:47 AM
Fantastic!

Thanks a ton!

My last order was on a Friday and I receoved it the next Tuesday.

You Pay Shipping - my cost is about $15.00 per gallon - the cost per 1,000 sq ft includes shipping (my costs - I don't know about Canada)

I payed with a debit card but I think they use PayPal

I do not use the weed control. but the other products have such dramatic results they sell themselves. You can see the effects almost overnight! A healthy lawn is pretty much weed and disease free.

Go to my website http://www.swstout.com and click on Read "Soil Is The Soul Of Your Lawn". See testimonials and pictures.

Steve

swstout
05-28-2009, 02:25 AM
Fantastic!

Thanks a ton!

All of your questions would have been answered by going to the links you have already been sent. Instead of wasteing your time serching youtube and posting (I was going to say stupid) posts that have nothing do do with improving your business or helping others improve theirs you should research exactly what your cost will be and how best to promote your services.

I don't mean to be critical, but there is only 10 slots on the page and you often have 6 taken up that doesn't help you or others.

Sorry for venting
Steve

andyjoneslawncare
05-28-2009, 07:26 AM
All of your questions would have been answered by going to the links you have already been sent. Instead of wasteing your time serching youtube and posting (I was going to say stupid) posts that have nothing do do with improving your business or helping others improve theirs you should research exactly what your cost will be and how best to promote your services.

I don't mean to be critical, but there is only 10 slots on the page and you often have 6 taken up that doesn't help you or others.

Sorry for venting
Steve

Hmm, I guess that goes for me too, since I posted 2 youtube links too. I just thought some of you might like a lawn business related laugh, but obviously I've offended some by not spending my free time sharpening my blades or something. This forum is the most informative site on the web and I don't want to do anything to mess it up. Like most of you, I work outside all day and sitting on my sofa with my laptop is my relaxing time, and I come to this site to learn and also kind of "hang out with the guys" and "shop talk" after work. I guess I just assumed that if you're too busy, you wouldn't watch it. I don't plan on posting video links again, but if I do, I'll be sure to write "funny lawn related video that you'll learn absolutely nothing from" so nobody's time is wasted. Anyway, sorry and from now on, I'll be as serious as you look in your avatar whenever I post. Welp, off to work. Have a great day mowin' guys (and girls)!

CHEESE2009
05-29-2009, 03:52 PM

Sorry for venting
Steve

But Steve! It's no fun that way! :D just kiddin!

I appreciate your constructive critisism, but my choice was to trust you over a store website.

I could open up a lemonade stand & say my lemonade will give you super powers (advertising), but you, Steve my customer, will have the better half of the story because you are not selling, you are a consumer.

Sellers can lie, consumers can either support the product or say how it really is.

Instructions to bake a cake say to add 3 eggs, I've done a great job adding 1.... That's my point.

Steve W
05-29-2009, 11:36 PM
I like coming to this site and I have learned some things and some things just sound so,,,,well, ya know. I understand that rain kinda slows things down and all, but I still work at somthing. I do most all my own repairs in my shop so that is when I catch up on repairs .I get on here and read all of new post for each day(I try to anyway). And I have noticed that no matter what time I check in here there is always about the same folks here. And thats fine, but when does all this work get done that I read about everyday. I mean, damn I find it hard as hell to solicit my LCO, Do the jobs I have and get my stuff ready for the next day. And I DO NOT have 80 lawns and 10 tilling jobs and 16 spraying jobs. But I do like reading and trying to use some of the ideas on here. SO POST,POST,POST all YALL want.:cool:

andyjoneslawncare
06-02-2009, 09:42 AM
I just realized that I would be logged on here 24 hours a day. I check it out in the morning before I leave but I don't log off or turn off my computer. I just hop back on when I get home, and if I'm online but not on this site, I open new windows. In other words, I'm ALWAYS logged on here, so I can see your concern. Thats pretty funny actually. Just because I've been logged on for the last 342 hours doesn't really mean I'm actually here all that time. I mean, a guys got to shower eventually right?