PDA

View Full Version : A few ideas I have had

doug1980
05-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Since I live on Base and am the Grounds Inspector for all the housing areas I have seen some horrible yards. My job is to enforce the Base rules (mowing the grass, trimming, picking up pet waste, etc....) I believe I could make a very lucrative business just on Base (2,200 units in all) I have thought about offering pet waste removal and lawn care services. Also thought about lawn care/landscaping consulting. No work just info and ideas and make money at it. So many possibilities while living on base.

swstout
05-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Since I live on Base and am the Grounds Inspector for all the housing areas I have seen some horrible yards. My job is to enforce the Base rules (mowing the grass, trimming, picking up pet waste, etc....) I believe I could make a very lucrative business just on Base (2,200 units in all) I have thought about offering pet waste removal and lawn care services. Also thought about lawn care/landscaping consulting. No work just info and ideas and make money at it. So many possibilities while living on base.

While you are doing this look for services you can offer in Florida. Take notes and build on them.

Steve

Steve
05-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Great thinking Doug.

What's keeping you from getting started offering those services?

doug1980
05-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Great thinking Doug.

What's keeping you from getting started offering those services?

Well I have to make sure it will not be a conflict with my current job, and I need to buy some equiptment. I left all my good mowers in Indiana and only have a small push mower and electric weedeater up here.

Steve
05-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Keep us posted on how all this goes.