PDA

View Full Version : Small Lawn Tractor

swstout
05-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Hi all,

I am looking for a small lawn tractor. One for pulling trailers on the jobs (sprayer, roller, seeders, etc.). I don't want a tractor with a mowing deck. As for speed - 5 mph would be sufficient. I've looked at ATV's and I think they are more than I need. I remember having a small lawn tractor without a deck and that is what I am looking for. Actually I'm looking for 2.

Any suggestions?

Steve

picframer
05-26-2009, 09:50 PM
We use ATV's as nothing here is flat and as you know we do a lot of excavation work so the four wheel drive is required and they work great, down side is they are expensive and hard to find a good used one.

Steve try:

http://www.equipmentlocator.com/gc-fp/lawn-tractors.htm

http://www.machinefinder.com/ww/en-US/category/used-lawn-and-garden-equipment

I am a member of the tractor forum and these are the top two guys use to find used tractors.

Andy

swstout
05-26-2009, 10:07 PM
I think an ATV would be overkill for what I want. Can't you get a lawn tractor without a mowing deck anymore?

Steve

tomustang
05-26-2009, 10:20 PM
You try just finding a used riding mower and pulling the deck off it? I have a john deere rx75 and it works great to just ride around on

swstout
05-26-2009, 10:49 PM
You try just finding a used riding mower and pulling the deck off it? I have a john deere rx75 and it works great to just ride around on

I hadn't even thought of that. I looked at a Murry today that was at the right price and hadn't considered taking the deck off. I guess the 12-14 hours days are catching up with me!

Being on the forum relaxes me. Even though having thunderstorms all day didn't give me much of a break. Worked on my website, sent out letters, emails, and looked for good used equipment.

Steve

SuperiorPower
05-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Around here the folks are real rednecky (Yes, that is a new word. Its official. It is a word now) and are not ashamed to take the deck off. Heck, if the hood is broke they are not ashamed to take the hood off too......

The good thing about doing that is if you ever need the mower all you have to do is reinstall the deck and you have another mower. Granted a Murray is not much of a mower but if you are just pulling a sprayer with it you should be fine.

swstout
05-26-2009, 11:42 PM
My mind usually works in 4 dimensions. I should have realized this after all the work I spent trying to find a solution.

I am geting jobs that would be greatly shortened by having such a machine. It bugs me that I didn't even consider it!

Thanks
Steve

picframer
05-27-2009, 04:24 AM
As noted just take the deck off, I know the guys are guying older Deere equipment to restore, most do not have decks.

Good Luck

Andy