PDA

View Full Version : Greenhorn just getting started

glacombe
05-23-2009, 11:38 PM
I just wanted to introduce myself to the board and look forward to learning and interacting with all of you on here. I made the decision to get started in this business for a number of reasons. First off, I want to make some money, go figure. Second, I wanted a way to make money in which I did not have to rely on my employer. Third, I bought some equipment to do my own yard since I am a new homeowner and did not have a single power tool when I moved in. I know some of us have been at that point before. I am excited about the wide range of opportunities out there and wish you all the best. If you are interested to know more about myself or where I am please feel free to ask. I will be asking a lot of you folks some questions. In advance I appreciate any pointers or insights that anyone would like to provide a newbie. Thanks guys. Good luck out there.

Steve
05-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Hi glacombe,

Welcome to our forum! What kinds of things have you been doing so far to promote your business?

glacombe
05-25-2009, 02:18 AM
As far as what I have been doing to promote my business thus far. First off, I have cooked up some flyers. Now I am going to go out and do some canvassing with them. Also, I am fortunate enough to work at a company that employs several hundred people. So I am also going to circulate my business there. Also, I have some other things in work with regard to networking with other lawn care guys/companies. It is a competitive market, but often times I have noticed many guys have to pick and choose what jobs they do based on their operational costs or just simply what kind of work load they can handle. A lot of guys in my area seem to shy away from having big crews, although that is not say that they do not exist. I just got a trailer and am going to have to label it up with contact info and the company name. Other than that I really am still in the stage of getting my feet wet.