PDA

View Full Version : On a distinquished road?

SuperiorPower
05-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Tonight I noticed something interesting. When you hold the cursor over the green little button which shows that you are online (on the right side by your # of posts, rep power, etc) it says your name and then "is on a distinquished road". Steve, is this something you built in? If so, I think that is neat....

One the note of forums, I hope to have a small engine forum on my site when it gets going.... My brother is playing around with some new techniques and when he settles on what he wants to do, my site will be up and running and you all will be the first to know!!! But I am thinking about getting my forum up and running before then. What do you all think?

CHEESE2009
05-19-2009, 11:50 PM
It seems we are all on a distinguished road :D!

What will your forum be abooot?

SuperiorPower
05-19-2009, 11:59 PM
It seems we are all on a distinguished road :D!

What will your forum be abooot?

it will be similar to this site. I made this up when I was playing around a while back.... I did it basically to see what it might look like or what kind of content I might want to add.....

http://superiorpowerequipment.webs.com/apps/forums/

CHEESE2009
05-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Nice! I like the categories!

I'm fairly new to this forum & I've become an addict.

This forum + yours = non stop action.

Keep me updated when it's all ready and set up! I'd love to check it out, good stuff!!!

SuperiorPower
05-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Thanks Bro. Like I said, you all will be the first to know....

Steve
05-20-2009, 12:39 AM
No, I didn't create that feature. I am still trying to learn all this.

SuperiorPower
05-20-2009, 12:48 AM
No, I didn't create that feature. I am still trying to learn all this.

Hmmm. Either way, I like it. It gives your forum a nice "ring".

CHEESE2009
05-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Lol, I just noticed.

If we keep this thread going we're going to make tomorrows customers very unhappy. I know I'll be sleeping in.

I have a deck to seal, not sure if I realllly want to take on this job.

I think I'll bring the pressure washer and clean it, head to the store and get some seal & charge the customer right away before applying it. Apply it & charge again & I'm gone.

SuperiorPower
05-20-2009, 01:58 AM
But we are on a distinguished road!!!! I love that saying!!! You will hear me say it again and again.....

CHEESE2009
05-20-2009, 03:57 AM
it's all about the distinguished road!

I wouldn't have it any other way!

Steve
05-20-2009, 09:41 AM
I try to add, I guess points?, to the distinguished road setting at times but I don't know if it's really working yet. I see some members with 1 but I don't know if I have seen any higher values.

tomustang
05-20-2009, 03:38 PM
It's all about the users reputation. Everyone 'rates' the reps of others, good or bad

Levels:

User is infamous around these parts -99999
User can only hope to improve -50
User has a little shameless behaviour in the past -10
User is an unknown quantity at this point 0
User is on a distinguished road 10 (new users start with this level)
User will become famous soon enough 50
User has a spectacular aura about 150
User is a jewel in the rough 250
User is just really nice 350
User is a glorious beacon of light 450
User is a name known to all 550
User is a splendid one to behold 650
User has much to be proud of 1000
User has a brilliant future 1500
User has a reputation beyond repute 2000

CHEESE2009
05-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Mine should be, "the one who lurks in the shadows" lol

tomustang
05-21-2009, 03:31 PM
I try to add, I guess points?, to the distinguished road setting at times but I don't know if it's really working yet. I see some members with 1 but I don't know if I have seen any higher values.

It would take several members to 'up' ones rep, members can pick a users post and give it a yes or no. It's at the top right of the post window, it's the silver scale. Just click on it and a small window will pop up and you can rate them :cool:

If you want Steve, you can shoot out a thread or admin pm and get everyone aware of the system so others can join in and get this thing rolling

Steve
05-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Yes that is a good idea. I don't think I have seen a ranking over 1 before so I still don't know for sure if it is working! I probably should experiment with this. Let me add one to yours for helping me here and maybe others can too and we will see if this works.

Steve W
05-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Steve, your rep status shows a 10. But it also says your is turned off.

Steve W
05-23-2009, 01:18 AM
Damn, I done some drankinn and thankn tonight and aint nobody got any thing to say. Just my damn luck!:D