PDA

View Full Version : Apple I-Phone

majoe7
05-19-2009, 07:59 PM
As I sit here waiting for it to stop raining (2 days straight now, and we needed the rain) but the grass is growing and not stopping, I am playing with my I-Phone. I think that it is amazing that I can come to the Gopher site and enjoy it. The bonus of doing this is that I donít have to carry my laptop or be home at my base computer to do any of this. I do everything with this and the apps are phenomenal. Pay bills, surf, make and print invoices, take notes of future jobs, making job orders and just as important is using the Gopher templates and estimators. Not a plug, but true.

Do any of you have the I-Phone of any other phone to make your job easier or do you use it on a daily basis just to surf the web? How many of you use it for your lawn care business?

I know itís a costly tool, investment or gadget, but mine is well worth it so far.

John

tomustang
05-19-2009, 08:59 PM
The only reason why I didn't buy an iphone when they came out was the warranty service. It's a rip. On top of that att didn't offer their monthly warranty, the one you pay for any problem. So if you drive over you phone you get a free replacement. Other than the warranty it is an awesome gadget with thousands of uses and do like them.

I ended up buying an LG touchscreen, since it had touch screen, 2 view settings, windows with office, gps, to name a few :cool:

picframer
05-19-2009, 09:13 PM
I had one however the rate plans here in Canada are insane so I went back to a blackberry and also bought one for every staff member. My sone however still uses an Iphone, they are nice, I have an Ipod touch as I like making my own play lists, they are quite amazing also.

KurtisCummings
05-20-2009, 04:49 AM
I have an iPhone 3G 8GB - and would not trade it for anything.

I use it primarily for e-Mail communication - e-Mail DRIVES my business, I send all of my invoices, estimates, etc through e-Mail. Granted, I am not sending them from the iPhone, but maybe one day I will.

I see gopher has software for the Palm, maybe if they came to the iPhone side of the fence, I will buy the software.

I also use the iPhone to ID plants in the field, and also for GoogleMaps.

I use the calendar function to keep track of my jobs, it is synced with my Google Calendar, so I can add jobs in on any computer, or on my iPhone, and both are sync'ed up automatically.

Anyone else use their iPhone for anything handy in the lawn care business?

Any apps out there related to the industry?

CHEESE2009
05-20-2009, 03:24 PM
I have a brick, it's good for using the calculator function when giving an estimate. It can also take horrible pictures. It's also good if I need to make a 10 second phone call, then it dies.

I can mow it up & it would still be in one piece = the only good point

I should get a new phone, but I don't need something too cool, just durable.