PDA

View Full Version : What's the best? What's the worst?

CHEESE2009
05-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Mowing
Trimming
Blowing

The pros of mowing; If the lawn is well maintained, it only gets easier, & your bag will hardly ever fill. It is very rewarding when the lawn is cut & looks clean.

The cons of mowing: Keeping those perfect straight lines can sometime be a pain, but not really.

Mowing on lawns that are basically like a hill, can be frustrating especially when your trying to turn around without burning the grass.

When you hear a bang of some sort, you panic & stress yourself out because your mower is the most expensive piece of equipment, if it was your trimmer you probably just hit a rock & just need to slack out some string.

Mowing also sucks when the lawn is uncut for weeks & you have to tame it, raising & lowering your wheels constantly. Bagging like a mad man.

The pros of trimming; If it's not the first time your trimming the lawn for a customer, it can be fun & little work. And it feels great when your trimmer string is slacked out to the max and you see the power of it slicing the weeds/grass.

The cons of trimming; If its the first time your doing trim work for a new customer, it could take forever, & it makes a huge mess.

After awhile the trimmer gets heavy & you feel like your constantly shaking.

All of a sudden you let the machine rest, & you see that you have no string, so you slam it hoping some would come out but nah, of course not. You end up taking it apart and untangling the string because you were like me, lazy & didn't set it up the right way.

It's also very stressful when your trimming like a pro & everything's going smoothly, all of a sudden the turf changes & you dig up the grass hoping the customer didn't see it happen.

The pros of blowing; On a good day, it takes a second to use it, nothing wrong with that.

The cons of blowing; The wind wants you to blow it on your customers neighbors lawn & refuses to let you perfect the job.

Tight spaces don't allow you to blow in a single pile, you either clear an area to later find out it's going to get messed up again when you go around the next obstacle. You blow it out of one bush & into the other.

Here is my decision.

Mowing is the best part, it seems to be the easiest at times & once your done it feels like the big part of the job is over with.

Trimming is the worst, you have to mess around with it every few minutes, & my safety glasses wont allow me to fit my earmuffs on my head comfortably.

As for blowing, it's either the best or worst. Depends on the weather & the job. Blowing during windy times makes me wanna throw the equipment in the air and shout. On good days, its a piece of cake.

How about you?

tomustang
05-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the Pro VS Con input :D

Trimming is the worst, you have to mess around with it every few minutes, & my safety glasses wont allow me to fit my earmuffs on my head comfortably.
As I said in another thread, try out some reusable bullet style ear plugs, they can be found anywhere they sell hunting equip. Trust me, if you've ever been in a situation like me wearing safety equipment (tyvek suit, hardhat, glasses, muffs, steel tip boots, resperator) it was best to ditch my muffs and put on some plugs

CHEESE2009
05-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the Pro VS Con input :D

As I said in another thread, try out some reusable bullet style ear plugs, they can be found anywhere they sell hunting equip. Trust me, if you've ever been in a situation like me wearing safety equipment (tyvek suit, hardhat, glasses, muffs, steel tip boots, resperator) it was best to ditch my muffs and put on some plugs

I need to listen to the radio, how else will I be distracted enough to whippersnip something I'm not supposed to? You can't boogie with plugs lol.

Just kiddin!

I should pick up a pack & keep some in the truck. Though I might forget there in my ears & start shouting at everyone because they don't speak loud enough :P lol