PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl lettering and signs

wdcutter
05-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Things are really taking off here and has been crazy in a good way. My question is has anyone used vinyl lettering on there trucks and or trailers? How does it hold up over the long haul? I'm looking to have this done to my truck as well as having some lawn signs made up, just waiting on the estimate to come back.
I thought about magnets, but I see them on the side of the road here and there.

picframer
05-16-2009, 07:23 PM
All of our vehicles and trailers are vinal, the company logo is also however it's that product that when you look out through from inside the trucks you would never know it's there.

It holds up no problems at all, even through car wash's.

I have had a few customers tell me if they see magnetic signs on a vehicle they don't hire them as lettering to them means a real company.....hadn't given that much thought.

picframer
05-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Here are some Pics

justin_time
05-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Wow Andy, i love your letters on your trailer. I can't wait, i am getting some done on mine too. I am getting a new sign on the back, a sign for the side ramp and some letters on the other side of the trailer.

picframer
05-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Wow Andy, i love your letters on your trailer. I can't wait, i am getting some done on mine too. I am getting a new sign on the back, a sign for the side ramp and some letters on the other side of the trailer.

I have found in business image means a lot to both current and potential clients and we get a lot of comments on the trailers and trucks, especially the logo. It was designed in part to attract kids which generally brings the parents which leads to a conversation and perhaps an opportunity.

Same with the shirts and pants I have the staff wear and no sneakers on job sites, staff never complain and I think they are proud to look professional as I receive feedback from them on customer comments quite often.

You are a walking and driving billboard for your company, I have even picked up jobs from people who saw my truck at the post office of all places, I learned a lot of these marketing tactics from an employee I hired at another company I own, he is simply amazing and never stops thinking about how to market the company.

Have a great long weekend!!!

Andy

The Cleaning Doctor
11-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Here is a tip for those on a budget and their wife has a Cricut machine. Do the lettering yourself. I did this with mine and I have to get more vinyl to do more lettering. Here is a photo

On the rear door I am going to list services.

arthur712
11-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Pat, I love that empty vehicle card holder! LOL

Steve
11-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Cricut machine.

I have seen that before but they hide how much the machine costs. Do you have any idea what the final cost is on that machine and is it work it to buy?

arthur712
11-22-2009, 01:04 PM
I have seen that before but they hide how much the machine costs. Do you have any idea what the final cost is on that machine and is it work it to buy?

They run about $150, but you can buy a real Vinyl cutter like I did from ebay, USCUTTER 24' machine for about $350.

Real easy come with softwear.

The Cleaning Doctor
11-22-2009, 03:27 PM
My wife already had one so all you have to do is buy the vinyl and not let her see you using it.:D

arthur712
11-22-2009, 04:57 PM
My wife already had one so all you have to do is buy the vinyl and not let her see you using it.:D

I'm telling!!! HUSH MONEY! LOL

Hedgemaster
03-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Old thread, I know, but was wondering how the vinyl lettering done on the Cricut held up?

I don't plan on doing all my lettering that way, but my neighbor has one of those things and I was pondering the possibility of making a few "add on" words/phrases/offers that I could apply later if I think of something that I overlook when I have my "main" lettering made.

Steve
03-07-2011, 11:01 PM
I would think that would all depend on the type of vinyl you are using. I think there are different kinds, some with uv protection and different thicknesses.