PDA

View Full Version : Google Checkout

KurtisCummings
05-16-2009, 12:45 AM
So I have been researching good ways of having customers pay via my website, or better yet, sending them a personalized invoice.

I love Google products, so I when I found Google checkout, I was thrilled.

I have used PayPal in the past, but the fees are pretty steep - and I have had problems with them too.

https://checkout.google.com/sell

"When you use Google Checkout to process your sales, you'll be charged rates as low as 1.9% + $0.30 per transaction, depending on your monthly sales volume. And there are no monthly, setup or gateway fees.

Monthly Sales Through
Google Checkout
Fees Per Transaction

Less than $3,000 2.9% + $0.30
$3,000 - $9,999.99 2.5% + $0.30
$10,000 - $99,999.99 2.2% + $0.30
$100,000 or more 1.9% + $0.30

Just another online payment solution to check out.

My next idea, would be to install the Credit Card Processing App to my iPhone, and use it in the field to accept credit cards on the fly. My only reservation is the upfront cost of the software (about $50.00), and how many times will you be mowing when the customer is actually home? I do most of my work on the weekends, so I see my customers quite a bit. Maybe once the work load increases, I will look into it. I think that I would still rather my customers be billed with invoices, however.

StartALawnCareBusiness
05-16-2009, 01:03 AM
My understanding of Google Checkout is buyers must have an account before they make payments. As simple as this sounds, many people won't sign up for an account just to make a payment.

Customers are able to pay through PayPal with their credit cards. No PayPal account required.

Iphone payment app. As cool as Iphone apps are, I think that would be a waste of $50.

Keith