PDA

View Full Version : HELLO! all

dallasbarnone
05-13-2009, 06:29 PM
we are just starting out in lawncare, nothing big, so i thought since we don't know much about this other then physical labor, id join, I am in NJ area.. guess thats about all for now!

Steve
05-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your lawn care business and what kinds of things have you been doing to market it so far?

CHEESE2009
05-14-2009, 12:55 AM
He must go through the initiation.

- just kidding.:)

Welcome to the forum, I hope all of your questions are swiftly answered.

So what kind of equipment do you have?

dallasbarnone
05-15-2009, 09:19 AM
HI,

equipment. well we have a Brimar dump trailer, sixteen x seven foot landscape trailer, bobcat zero turn , red max trimmers, and blowers, a new Cub Cadet with a bagger, billy goat vac that mounts on the bri mar trailer and bob cat walk/vac..

all were used prior to me purchasing them, some I already had because i have a farm..
we also have a ford 515 tractor/bucket loader, seven foot york rake, walk behind sickle bar mower, small JD mower thats older, and brush hog six foot..

and no jobs!! LOL

we got most of the equip for the farm, but when work went down the tubes figured to scrape by as we did some local mulch and lawn work,, but... now the few we did have want us to cut the price in half of what we already did- i wouldnt say six hours of mowing -trimming -blowing off four good size properties for four hundred dollars is high, would you?? thats with two-three poeple.. per weekend.. but they notified us that their budget was cut in half so they wanted us to do the same** im not working for free! but local adds in papers and hanging flyers with tear offs didnt help much** not one call , and im in a congested high dollar area..

Steve
05-15-2009, 09:40 AM
What are you doing to market within your social network? How are you reaching out to people you know and having them help you reach out to the people they know?