PDA

View Full Version : Got my new Postcard / Flyer

voodooray
05-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Hey, I just wanted to share with you my new oversized postcards. I am very happy with them and have been getting great responses. The top is the front and back is the bottom.

http://www.usegrassroots.com/small3.jpg

-ray

Steve
05-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Oh Ray those look fantastic!

How have you been distributing them?

Also did you design it? What made you decide to experiment with postcards?

voodooray
05-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Thanks Steve,

I have just been walking local neighborhoods and placing them at the doors. A few times I decided to write at the top in a red sharpie "Cut Your Lawn $60.00" or whatever I had decided to charge for the area. I have picked up several lawn with that method.

As far as the design, I had my logo already in place.... I talked with Bob from Plan-It Graphics and he helped out a lot. I told him what we do and a few of my lines and then he got back to me with some ideas and Bam! This is what we got.

I was going to use door hangers, actually I had my heart set on that. BUT BUT BUT I decided to use the postcards becuase I can use them at the doors BUT also I can give them directly to people and hand them out at local business and so on. If i had tried to hand people door hangers that wouldn't of looked that professional. Just this one postcard has given my company a much more professional look. People really like the high quality printing also. The price wasnt that bad either..... So I feel that they were well worth the $$ spent.

I am working with Bob again right now designing business cards as well. It is great to have these postcards with me ALL THE TIME. When people ask what I do I just say here, let me give you one of my advertisments and hand them one. Their first words are usually "wow, these look great" .... and then " I will keep you in mind... or let so and so know that you do this work"

Anyway...

Just wanted to share that.

-ray

Steve
05-12-2009, 06:13 AM
That is fantastic!

In the past we have talked about a response rate to marketing material at about 1 - 2 %. Have you been keeping track what response rate you have been seeing? Any advice on that you could share especially with a new lawn care business owner who has never experimented with this kind of marketing before?

musician/lawnman
05-12-2009, 07:23 AM
They look good Ray.

voodooray
05-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks musicman...

Steve I really havn't tracked it as much as I should have.

Casch112
05-24-2009, 06:05 AM
looks great ! and looks like my idea ! :p

arthur712
06-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks Steve,

I have just been walking local neighborhoods and placing them at the doors. A few times I decided to write at the top in a red sharpie "Cut Your Lawn $60.00" or whatever I had decided to charge for the area. I have picked up several lawn with that method.

As far as the design, I had my logo already in place.... I talked with Bob from Plan-It Graphics and he helped out a lot. I told him what we do and a few of my lines and then he got back to me with some ideas and Bam! This is what we got.

I was going to use door hangers, actually I had my heart set on that. BUT BUT BUT I decided to use the postcards becuase I can use them at the doors BUT also I can give them directly to people and hand them out at local business and so on. If i had tried to hand people door hangers that wouldn't of looked that professional. Just this one postcard has given my company a much more professional look. People really like the high quality printing also. The price wasnt that bad either..... So I feel that they were well worth the $$ spent.

I am working with Bob again right now designing business cards as well. It is great to have these postcards with me ALL THE TIME. When people ask what I do I just say here, let me give you one of my advertisments and hand them one. Their first words are usually "wow, these look great" .... and then " I will keep you in mind... or let so and so know that you do this work"

Anyway...

Just wanted to share that.

-ray

Pastcard have alway worked for me, People have to look at them even if they want to trash it.

Very nice!