PDA

View Full Version : Gopher problems!!!

SuperiorPower
05-10-2009, 10:48 PM
I find it interesting that on a Gopher Site with this many Gophers running around, there is no thread, at least no recent thread, about the creature: gophers. The stupid pests seem to have the run of my lawn. What can I do to get rid of the dirty little pests???

I also have a friggin problem with some other creature, don't know what they are called. when it rains, or in the wet areas of my yard they dig holes up from the in the middle of this great big earth of ours. They push all the dirt up top and then it dries and makes a mess. Any ideas what they are or how to get rid of them?

Thanks fellow gophers. Lets get the gophers...

CHEESE2009
05-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Get a shotgun!

Lol.

I wonder what is digging up your lawn, maybe raccoons?

SuperiorPower
05-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Get a shotgun!

Lol.

I wonder what is digging up your lawn, maybe raccoons?

No, we always called them crabs but I don't know if it is some type of fresh water cray fish?? I just found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freshwater_crayfish

On the left side, half way down there is a picture of one in its burrow. This is very much like the idiots in my yard. I have found claws similar to theirs in my yard....

Once in awhile when I walk by one of the holes (about 2"-3" diameter max) I hear them splash back down into the water........ Makes me mad just thinking about it.....:mad: I thought about taking my .22 out and shoot about 10 times into the hole but what would that help??!!?!??!?!

CHEESE2009
05-11-2009, 05:51 PM
I used to catch cray fish, with net traps. I wouldn't recommend setting them up though.

Hmmm.... If I was a cray fish, what would I hate?

I GOT IT!

Pull down a power line & throw it in the water = No more cray fish.

:D

SuperiorPower
05-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Pull down a power line & throw it in the water = No more Eli.

:D

Hey, what's wrong with you?!?!?!?! OK, sorry, I changed your post..... but I am afraid there would be no more of me before there would be no more cray fish!!!!:eek:

CHEESE2009
05-11-2009, 06:42 PM
hahah, sorry!

I will look into your cray fish problem. They only eat fish eggs & algae, from what I know... I'm not sure why they are messing with your lawn.

All I know is, bunny's this year suck, they keep getting in the way of my mower & are FEARLESS.