PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

YELLOWPONY
05-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Dave, I kinda fell into the lawn biz, someone asked me to give them a price on mulching their flower beds, and I didnt have a clue on how to bid on them, so I got online to get some answers and found this site. I found alot of really good info, and was able to price the job and get it. someone saw me working and approached me about mowing their lawn, so there it was, I decided to start up a biz seeing how there wasnt much else going on for work out of the union hall. I dont have alot of yards yet, I have made up some fliers and started handing them out. I also bid on a contract job and hope to hear back from them this coming week. I am really glad I found this site for all the useful info thanks!!!!

Steve
05-11-2009, 04:12 AM
Hi Dave,

Welcome to our forum!

Did you take any before and after pics of your mulch job? I'd love to see what you did.

Have you ever run your own business before?

What do you like/dislike about it so far?

YELLOWPONY
05-11-2009, 12:44 PM
thanks steve for the welcome, I never even thought about taking any before or after shots (thats a good idea) I never owned a buisness before but I am excited about trying it.

Steve
05-11-2009, 02:16 PM
I never even thought about taking any before or after shots (thats a good idea).

One of the great things about that is you can put them in a photo album and use that in your sales presentation to show potential customers what you are able to do. It helps reassure them you can do the job and it gives them ideas on what they could do with their property.